Skip to main content
Topic: Turbo Cat New Best (Read 3931 times) previous topic - next topic

Turbo Cat New Best

Well made a few changes over the winter and now trying to
get the new combo to hook.

Well I have 2 diffrent tunes with 2 diffrent boost levles.

OK So on 11lbs of boost she ran  10.66  @ 129 MPH with 1.70 60 ft

The 2nd tune/boost level is 16 lbs
She ran  10.43 @ 135 MPH with a 1.56 60ft time leavin on 5lbs of boost. 
 Pretty happy with that seeing how she tips the scales @ 3705lb without a driver and 1/2 tank of fuel.

So never being happy I tried to leave on 10lbs of boost the end
results were a twisted/broken driveshaft  which in turn cut the
air line for the frt air ride which dropped the car on the down pipes.

So now we have a custom driveshaft on order from Strange.

Hope to have it in by middle of next week to get some more
testing in before we head to Memphis in May for Pinks All Out

SCT Tuned by Me(Greg@SpeedyDyno.com)

E.T. 10.28 @ 136.5 MPH 1/4 mile: List of Mods; 351 EFI, AFR heads,AOD,Rousch 13in frt brakes,11in rear brakes, AirRide Tech air ride system, Sub frame connetors,2400 RPM stall, 3.50,BBK shorties,T62PT Turbos  air to air intercooled, Home built kit.
Car weights 3705lbs without driver:burnout:

Turbo Cat New Best

Reply #1
Sweet!!!!!! hope to see you in the finals!!!! Thatd be cool!!
[/IMG]
Just enjoyin the ride!!!!

Turbo Cat New Best

Reply #2
busted d/s = traction
trashed DP's = grrrrrr

congrats on the new times!
how did the new brake setup turn out?
gumby - beauty may fade, but stupid is forever!

Turbo Cat New Best

Reply #3
Gumby:  The brake feel better than ever. Great feedback from the pedal now. Stops
evenly.  I had to do some grinding on the calipers on the rear to get the 15in wheels on
but its all good now.

Mass;  It would be great to get that far, but I really doubt I'll be consist enough. I've been praticing.

Hopeful I won't pratice breaking any more parts.    LOL

E.T. 10.28 @ 136.5 MPH 1/4 mile: List of Mods; 351 EFI, AFR heads,AOD,Rousch 13in frt brakes,11in rear brakes, AirRide Tech air ride system, Sub frame connetors,2400 RPM stall, 3.50,BBK shorties,T62PT Turbos  air to air intercooled, Home built kit.

Turbo Cat New Best

Reply #4
WOW, congrats on the time man, that is sick...  Hell I will be happy to finally get a 13 second pass....  (which should happen soon).

I am going to pick up a freshly rebuilt T5 next week (finally!!!) and head back to the track and see what she will do this year...

Turbo Cat New Best

Reply #5
Good luck to you 5.8, Keep us proud!!
Old Grey Cat to this.88 Cat, 5.0 HO, CW mounts, mass air, CI custom cam, afr165's, Tmoss worked cobra intake, BBK shorty's,off road h pipe, magnaflow ex. T-5,spec stage 2 clutch, 8.8 373 TC trac loc, che ajustables with bullits on the rear. 11" brakes up front. +

Turbo Cat New Best

Reply #6
You never know man.... its all about how close the fields are....
[/IMG]
Just enjoyin the ride!!!!

Turbo Cat New Best

Reply #7
1/2 tempted to take the Black Cat it is alot more consist.  But I'm going to be practicing
for the next 3 week to decide how consist by then.

Everyone keep their fingers crossed,  LOL

Turbo Cat New Best

Reply #8
You are going to find that if you keep the weight of the car at it's max street weight then it will consistantly be breaking drivetrain parts. I had to move to the drive shaft with heavy duty U joints and yokes. The rearend and tranny is what I started having issues with after that.

WOW!!! that cat must really pull hard throughout the 60ft to the 1320....You have got to love the face distorting mid range torque a turbo adds. I envy you turbo guys when it comes to serious times...but growing up in the Buick world, consistency just does not happen for turbo cars. They are a heads up piece all the way.

Turbo Cat New Best

Reply #9
I have the trans covered I hope it has a 1500 HP rated AOD and the rear end is
 a 9in with a Nodular center section, 31 spline spool with a Daytona bearing support with
Moser axles

Yeah the car is more of a gee wiz kinda ride. My other car is more of a bracket racing
car, but I lost it to my wife and son.

Turbo Cat New Best

Reply #10
Good luck!

Turbo Cat New Best

Reply #11
That thing is moving now! Any videos?

Turbo Cat New Best

Reply #12
This car is truly amazing to see run, even when it doesnt hook. 10s with all the comfort items and air ride.

Hope everything goes well at Pinks. Wish they were coming back this year, I thought the turn out was pretty good. Guess not if they arent coming back.
1986 Cougar LS

Turbo Cat New Best

Reply #13
OK guys I figured out how to put a video on youtube.

Some of us are technoligy challged.  LOL    just like my spellin ability.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SLJzxMUXUpA

Turbo Cat New Best

Reply #14
Nice runs. That track looks a little narrow!