Skip to main content
Topic: heading out to the track tonight (Read 1846 times) previous topic - next topic

heading out to the track tonight

going out after woork tonight to hit the 1/8th for the first time sence the upgrades. last time in full stalk trim with a sick turbo I ran a 10.0. the car now has: watwe and oil cooled garret-3, motorsport front mount ic, msd coil, weld draglights on the rear with 275/50/15 nitto 555RS. should be a bit faster tonight. also its about 30degrees gooler out than the last time I was at the track. ill post up tomorrow.

Reply #1
lets play a game.
make gesses at what yall think ill run tonight!
I wontsay what I think becouse ill jinks my self.

Reply #2
10.2?
1979 Ford Fairmont
[/B]
5.0L/4R70W/8.8"/5-lug/3" Exhuast

Reply #3
I'm glad yesterday is over! I had more problems yesterday than any one should have in a year.  lets see at one point my waistgate came  undone leaving me with no boost. then in the burn out box my gas pedle got stuck, and I had to shut down, and when it was all sead and done I couldn't make more then 10psi. I had a best of 10.9 for the hole night and most the night was spent in the low 11s. that's slower than when it was stalk. I need to make a new boost controller, this one isn't  bleeding out enough boost away from the waist gate. I may go out again next wekend.

Reply #4
What style boost controller are you using? A bleed style of ball-and-spring style?

Ive never had a problem like that with a ball-and-spring.
It's Gumby's fault.

Reply #5
lol...I'm using a bleeder off a  fish tank air system. but at work this morning I built a new one out of brass fittings.. ill hook it up in the morning.