Skip to main content
Topic: Bought a Mac! (Read 2571 times) previous topic - next topic

Bought a Mac!

As the title says I finally got my Mac.
I drove up to Delaware last night and picked it up tax free ;)  Suck on that Gov. O'Malley.

Tis a MacBook Pro
17" antiglare screen
2.6GHz Intel Core Duo processor
2GB RAM
200GB 7200rpm hard drive
She's nearly fully loaded just missing the 4GB RAM and Hi-Res screen.

I picked up the Apple Protection Plan, USB modem so I can hook up my home dial up(whoop-de-doo!), and a mighty mouse.

Let me just say that this thing is friggin awesome and puts my sister's Windows based Toshiba to shame. Oh and the backlit keyboard is dead shagy. I'll be putting in my order for Adobe CS3 come Monday if I can't get a copy from work.:headbang:

Bought a Mac!

Reply #1
My condolences go out to you!!!
LOL

Bought a Mac!

Reply #2
Macs kick butt
I've got a 15" powerbook G4 and a G4 Quad for my studio.
they never crash or slow down.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
***** Project "EVOLUTION" 1987 Cougar LS  & 1985 Cougar Convertible *****
[/COLOR]
5.0 HO 306 roller block, machined GT-40P heads, Wiseco dished forged pistons, Eagle forged floating I-beam connecting rods, Lunati pushrods, ARP bolts, Scorpion aluminum 1.6 rockers, Comp Cams Magnum 266HR, Explorer intake, 65mm TB, MAF Conversion, 19# injectors, Ford Racing stainless P-headers, 2-1/2" cat-less exhaust w/ Flowtech Afterburner lers , SC AOD with 2800 BDR torque converter, 3.73 T-Lok rear, CHE rear control arms, full 2-1/2" frame w/1" jacking rails & seat supports, Rear disk brakes, Turbine wheels, All original interior w/ floor shift upgrade .......
Pretty much every panel on my 87 is new, rebuilt, or re constructed. :D
Join us on Facebook

Bought a Mac!

Reply #4
It was the finest penny that I have ever seen for sure. Comparing what I paid for my '88 back in 2001 to this, I could have bought 3 Cats, tagged and insured all of them and still had money left for a parts car.

I had money left over from my student loan so I just went for it. Considering my basically non-stop work and school schedule, I needed some way to get my projects done. Now I won't be fighting to get trial versions of applications to work on a sub par machine. Not only that but I can spend as much time as I want to improve my work all around for a better portfolio.

Quote from: dominator
My condolences go out to you!!!
LOL
Wait... that's not funny, lol.

Quote from: daminc
Macs kick butt
I've got a 15" powerbook G4 and a G4 Quad for my studio.
they never crash or slow down.
They're all I use at my design job and at school. My other job deals with all databases and networking so PC it is.

Bought a Mac!

Reply #5
I use mine mostly for music and video editing. and sometimes the occasional dvd rip (i mean backup)
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[/COLOR]
5.0 HO 306 roller block, machined GT-40P heads, Wiseco dished forged pistons, Eagle forged floating I-beam connecting rods, Lunati pushrods, ARP bolts, Scorpion aluminum 1.6 rockers, Comp Cams Magnum 266HR, Explorer intake, 65mm TB, MAF Conversion, 19# injectors, Ford Racing stainless P-headers, 2-1/2" cat-less exhaust w/ Flowtech Afterburner lers , SC AOD with 2800 BDR torque converter, 3.73 T-Lok rear, CHE rear control arms, full 2-1/2" frame w/1" jacking rails & seat supports, Rear disk brakes, Turbine wheels, All original interior w/ floor shift upgrade .......
Join us on Facebook

Bought a Mac!

Reply #6
pc = gaming mac=media.  i bet you guys didnt know that mac os can run on pc and vista on macs?  btw mac runs vista better than the current pc's.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
:america: An American Restoration. :birdsmily:
1987 Ford Thunderbird Sport (resting)
1993 Mazda Miata 1.6l (daily driver)

Bought a Mac!

Reply #7
why would you ruin a mac by putting vista on it? Thats like making your car run 9's and then filling the tires full of cement....
Quote from: jcassity
I honestly dont think you could exceed the cost of a new car buy installing new *stock* parts everywhere in your coug our tbird. Its just plain impossible. You could revamp the entire drivetrain/engine/suspenstion and still come out ahead.
Hooligans! 
1988 Crown Vic wagon. 120K California car. Wifes grocery getter. (junked)
1987 Ford Thunderbird LX. 5.0. s.o., sn-95 t-5 and an f-150 clutch. Driven daily and going strong.
1986 cougar.
lilsammywasapunkrocker@yahoo.com

Bought a Mac!

Reply #8
but why run a microsoft product with so many problems?
the mac os is so much more stable to run.
I would much rather run OSX on a pc than Vista

BTW most Powerbooks and Macbooks don't use the case fans to the fullest. there are a lot of good utilities to make the fan cool down your computers. I use one called G4 fan control. keeps my powerbook 20 deg. cooler.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[/COLOR]
Join us on Facebook

Bought a Mac!

Reply #9
i was just saying if you wanted to put windows on one partition and macos on anther for things windows does and mac chooses not to etc.  that and the fact that macs are more powerful than pc's right now b/c vista runs better on macs than stock pcs right now.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Bought a Mac!

Reply #10
I use virtual PC for running pc software. this way I dont have to reboot. It runs any os in its own window on OSX. Its a little slower that way, but I only run one windows program
I also prefer win 2000 as a OS.
I also use DOSBOX for running cmd. line dos programs in OSX. (old pc dos games)
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[/COLOR]
Join us on Facebook

Bought a Mac!

Reply #11
sweet sounds like your set. :D
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]