Skip to main content
Topic: Any body use this type of paint?? (Read 2307 times) previous topic - next topic

Any body use this type of paint??

We, the shop I work for, are getting a Sherwin-Williams paint mixing system. The rep is dropping off the station/table so we can get it wired up. Then Friday, after we have attended a class in Burr ridge Thursday, the rep and a tech will outfit the station with all the toners. I'm really excited about being able to mix my own paint again. We're get the ATX line but with the Ultra clears. This will be the paint that I'll be using on my car. :evilgrin:

86' T/C 4.6L DOHC
16' Chebby Cruze 1.4L Turbo
17’ Peterbilt 389 600hp 1850ftlb Trq 18spd

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

“Heavy Metal Mistress”
[/COLOR][/SIZE]

Reply #1
Is this water-borne?

Reply #2
I've heard good things about the higher paint line
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
***** Project "EVOLUTION" 1987 Cougar LS  & 1985 Cougar Convertible *****
[/COLOR]
5.0 HO 306 roller block, machined GT-40P heads, Wiseco dished forged pistons, Eagle forged floating I-beam connecting rods, Lunati pushrods, ARP bolts, Scorpion aluminum 1.6 rockers, Comp Cams Magnum 266HR, Explorer intake, 65mm TB, MAF Conversion, 19# injectors, Ford Racing stainless P-headers, 2-1/2" cat-less exhaust w/ Flowtech Afterburner lers , SC AOD with 2800 BDR torque converter, 3.73 T-Lok rear, CHE rear control arms, full 2-1/2" frame w/1" jacking rails & seat supports, Rear disk brakes, Turbine wheels, All original interior w/ floor shift upgrade .......
Pretty much every panel on my 87 is new, rebuilt, or re constructed. :D
Join us on Facebook

Reply #3
Quote from: tirefryr;369985
Is this water-borne?

Na, That's the AWX line.

Quote from: daminc;369987
I've heard good things about the higher paint line

The ATX line is their base line. It flows out pretty well. It was easy to mix and the clear we used, flowed out better than I figured. Future plans are to attend the class for their Planet Color line.

86' T/C 4.6L DOHC

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

“Heavy Metal Mistress”
[/COLOR][/SIZE]

Reply #4
I used Ultra 7000 on my 76 Elite for bb/cc application and it sprayed and layed out nice and wet sanded and buffed out nice. Seemed to be durable too..

F150 using ATX

Reply #5
The ATX line is their middle line paint. It sprays and flows out better than I thought it would. It is a new product line for them that was brought over from Europe earlier this year. The class my boss and I attended was very fun and informational.  Here is a couple of pics of a F150 I did.

X

X

X

86' T/C 4.6L DOHC

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

“Heavy Metal Mistress”
[/COLOR][/SIZE]

More F150 pics

Reply #6
Here is a couple of pics before I finished masking and sprayed it.

X

X

X

86' T/C 4.6L DOHC

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

“Heavy Metal Mistress”
[/COLOR][/SIZE]

Reply #7
Looks like you do good work!  Where is Griffith?  I live about 75 miles southwest of Indy.
'88 'bird, 10.9:1 306 w/TFS top end, forged rods/pistons, T-5 swap & bunch of other stuff, 1-family owned, had it since ‘98, 5.0tbrd88 on Instagram and YouTube

Reply #8
Quote from: 50tbrd88;373829
Looks like you do good work!  Where is Griffith?  I live about 75 miles southwest of Indy.
My boss and I are going to bring the bird to the shop on Monday. That way I can work on the rest of the car when were slow or if I choose to stay over, or on weekends too :D  I'm getting the impression from him that he wants to use my car as a rolling billboard for the shop and to start doing restorations.

86' T/C 4.6L DOHC

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

“Heavy Metal Mistress”
[/COLOR][/SIZE]