Skip to main content
Topic: glovebox question (Read 1753 times) previous topic - next topic

glovebox question

I may be losing my marbles.:hick:

I opened my glovebox the other night and thought it was dark in there.  No biggie, must have burned a bulb out.  I found the bulb number on Coolcats and bought it.

I went to install it, and Ill be ed, I cant find a light anywhere?:mad:

Now Im wondering if it ever had one, and Im just losing my mind.:crazy::crazy:

Question is, was this just an option or is it magically hidden somewhere?:confused:

How many of you guys have glovebox lights??:wtf:
Mike

glovebox question

Reply #1
1987-88 seems to be the period where some people had them, some didn't.

I never had one on any of the '88s that I owned (4). But some people report that their '88s have them.

If you can find the light assembly, you already have the wiring in your car...it's literally plug and play.

glovebox question

Reply #2
Good to know.  I will remember that, next time Im at the yard.

Thanks Eric.
Mike

glovebox question

Reply #3
My 88 XR-7 (built 10/87) did NOT have one. But I aquired the light/switch assembly and screwed it in.  Mounting holes were there.

glovebox question

Reply #4
I don't have one on the Sport.....yet. It didn't come with one. It will as soon as I get around to installing the one that came with the replacement dash.
'88 Sport--T-5,MGW shifter,Trick Flow R intake,Ed Curtis cam,Trick Flow heads,Scorpion rockers,75mm Accufab t-body,3G,mini starter,Taurus fan,BBK long tube headers,O/R H-Pipe, Flowamaster Super 44's, deep and deeper Cobra R wheels, Mass Air and 24's,8.8 with 3.73's,140 mph speedo,Mach 1 chin spoiler,SN-95 springs,CHE control arms,aluminum drive shaft and a lot more..

glovebox question

Reply #5
Got one on both of the 88 Sports.
95 Ranger Splash 2.3
88 Tbird Sport :ies::ies:
5.0 SO, stainless shorty headers, w/ Magnaflow lers. KYB struts, KYB shocks. 5lug conversion from sn95 Mustang, subframe connectors, drilled and slotted rotors, 03 Mach 1 wheels. sequential taillights.140 speedo

glovebox question

Reply #6
My 88 LX did not have one , I got one at the JY and installed it ..plug and play like Eric said
Fox-less at the moment

glovebox question

Reply #7
my 88 LX (4/88) has one
1988 T-Bird LX- Awaiting HO build, Monster "Eat My Shift" AOD rated 550Hp. BBK ceramic shorties, Jegs mustang (catless) H-Pipe. mustang catback modified axle back for tbird, 94 17" Cobra wheels, 98 'Stang GT 8.8 Traction-lock

glovebox question

Reply #8
Quote from: EricCoolCats;367798

If you can find the light assembly, you already have the wiring in your car...it's literally plug and play.

I found the light assembly at the yard, I cant find any wiring though.  Any heads up what area it may be?
Mike

glovebox question

Reply #9
No wiring in my car either.  Grabbed power from the gas-cap door button (hot all the time) and ground from the mounting screw for the passenger side foot-well light.

glovebox question

Reply #10
OK, well...then that means there could be a dash wiring harness change that didn't have a provision for the glove box light.

If you did have the wiring, it would be taped up somewhere above the glove box hole, unless someone else has found it elsewhere.

glovebox question

Reply #11
Thanks guys, I was wondering where I could find a constant hot wire under there.
Mike

glovebox question

Reply #12
most of mine , minus my 86 Xr7 had one. But I had LSsesssess..... I know most of my Birds didnt have them