Skip to main content
Topic: Cougar 40th Anniv @ Carlisle (Read 19752 times) previous topic - next topic

Cougar 40th Anniv @ Carlisle

Reply #30
FYI, I merged our three Carlisle threads into this single one, and also made it sticky. That will make getting the info a little easier. Plus I really wanted to try out the moderator "Merge Thread" option. ;)

Reply #31
you just tried it now?

man i've done so many thread merges that it's gone out of style.

Reply #32
Quote from: baXo;120133
you just tried it now?

man i've done so many thread merges that it's gone out of style.

Well some people do have other things to do besides being on this forum! lol:grinno:
1987 Cougar XR7 5.0 SOLD
1992 Ranger 4.0
2018 Hyundai Elantra
2019 Ram Rebel

Reply #33
Thanks for the info Eric.  I have a open  tent. But with any luck I will be bringing 2 cars also.

SCT Tuned by Me(Greg@SpeedyDyno.com)

E.T. 10.28 @ 136.5 MPH 1/4 mile: List of Mods; 351 EFI, AFR heads,AOD,Rousch 13in frt brakes,11in rear brakes, AirRide Tech air ride system, Sub frame connetors,2400 RPM stall, 3.50,BBK shorties,T62PT Turbos  air to air intercooled, Home built kit.
Car weights 3705lbs without driver:burnout:

Reply #34
What's the turn out like for Thunderbirds at this event? And Lincolns too? I have an 87 that is pretty show worthy and my dad should have his 81 mark six finished by then...Just wondering cuz it looks like a pretty awesome event!

Reply #35
There are usually a ton of thunderbirds. I'm pretty sure there were more than 20 fox birds in '06.
Lincolns have a decent turn out as well.

All Fords are welcome and there is a class for all.
If I have car trouble again, I'm going to try to c00ch my uncle's '93 F-150. Looks showroom new and there's a place for it in the show.

Reply #36
wish i could go, stupid schools not out then! maybe ill get my dad to come up, get me, and keep me out of school for a day, id love to go
RIP 1988 and 1990 Lincoln Mark VII LSC
I welcomed the dark side and currently am driving a 2000 Dodge Durango SLT plus, with a 5.9, Code named project "Night Runner"
Shes black on black, fully loaded, with headers, 180 tstat, e fan, straight exhaust into a cherry bomb vortex ler, full tune up, ported intake and T/B, MSD coil, and round aircleaner.
Mods to come: Fully rebuilt and heavily modded 46RE, and a richmond rachet locker.
my $300 beater ;)
R.I.P Kayleigh Raposa 12/18/90 - 2/24/07

Reply #37
cool, yeah, he has a 79 ford too that he's put in shows before, and a an 06 that he could polish up that's pretty nice...and my uncle that did my car has a few vehicles he could bring down too, lol, we could make it a family event....i'll have to look into it some more and maybe we will be able to work something out, i'd love to go to something like this

Reply #38
I have yet to go to Carlisle. If I go, I won't be doing CatJam, which I may not do anyway. Money is tight, reeeeeeel tight. If I go, it would only be for a couple days, so does anyone have an idea of what two days are the best to show up for?
With all the problems I had last year, i don't even know if I want to bring one of my cats. If I did, it would have to be the 88' XR7.
Are there any decent hotels outside the carlisle area that would be nice enough to stay 2?

By the way, is that weasle next to your car in the picture in this link from CCOA?

Reply #39
Hopefully my Dad and I will have our cougars there @ carlisle. Little less then a month or so I'll find out if I have a new summer job. So i have to wait until then to register.

Kinda hoping I can get this new job = more money = body kit and paint put on.

Reply #40
I would love to make it there, only about 3 1/2 hours away if your haulin butt.... I don't think the cougar with 4.10 gears is gonna like that haul..... I never drive it more than a 20 mile radius from my house... I might have to trailer it... to be safe.... plus I get like 8-10 mpg....lol
1987 Cougar XR7 308 S/C
Trick Flow Heads/S-Trim/42lb. Inj./Stg. 1 cam/4.10 Detroit Locker,Yukon Axles,T/A Rear End Housing,CHE Upper Control Arms,Chucks Poly motor mounts,
Working A/C -- BBK Shorties/ H-Pipe/ Flowmasters/ Eibach Springs/SSM lift bars/ Max Motorsports subframe connectors/3300 stall convert/ etc....... list keeps going
Lots and Lots of Parts to make you go FAST !!
2008 Mustang GT - - Dark candy Apple Red
Roush Louvers;18" Polished Bullit Rim;3.55 Posi;Hood Scoop;Pypes Exhaust

Reply #41
The new motor is going in any day now, so I may still have a chance! I'd love to make it down for this kind of show.

Carlisle

Reply #43
All I can say is I will lose a lot of sleep this month.
Stroked and Blown
[SIGPIC]

Reply #44
Hmmm. I can be there in 2 hours... I won't be registering my T-Bird as the paint is getting pretty beat now, but I might be able to show up on Saturday.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
5.0L Speed density
Explorer intake
'92 Mustang GT cam
GT-40 racing heads
Unequal length headers
Custom-made duals
19# injectors
65mm TB
AFPR
T/C header panel
11" brake upgrade