Skip to main content
Topic: Turbo Resto (Read 1117 times) previous topic - next topic

Turbo Resto

I posted my first pictures in the wrong section Im moving the thread to this section with some updates. I bought a 88 turbo coupe recently that was a decent car but needed a good bit of work. Solid but the paint was in pretty bad shape....stone chips oxidized. I ripped it to pieces and its off getting painted now

I started polishing the headlights today, they turned out perfect. Ive never had this type of results before. they look new

2011 Grabber Blue 5.0, 3D500 spoiler, CS valance, GT premium, interior upgrade package, Brembos, MT-82 and Whipple powered

88 TC work in progress

01 cobra: traded

Sold: 93 LX Modular 4v swap
Sean Hyland Motorsport forged rotating assembly, Teksid block, 01 cobra heads, cams and intake

Turbo Resto

Reply #1
The TC you're redoing is the twin to the one I've been stripping. Great job on the headlights!! Sorry about last night, the roads were too bad to attempt traveling that far. It sucks you didn't get my message.

Turbo Resto

Reply #2
No problem, ended up going out to eat. we will get together soon.

Im really happy with them. They seriously look nearly un-used. lots of sanding and hand polishing
2011 Grabber Blue 5.0, 3D500 spoiler, CS valance, GT premium, interior upgrade package, Brembos, MT-82 and Whipple powered

88 TC work in progress

Sean Hyland Motorsport forged rotating assembly, Teksid block, 01 cobra heads, cams and intake

Turbo Resto

Reply #3
That's good, at least it wasn't a total waisted trip. My wife asked how you made them look so good I told her exactly what you said. lol!

Turbo Resto

Reply #4
it was a pain but definitely worth while! It would suck to have the paint nice and still have disfigured headlights in it

88 TC work in progress