Skip to main content
Topic: At Least it's a Ford...Sort Of **New Pics** (Read 2219 times) previous topic - next topic

At Least it's a Ford...Sort Of **New Pics**

I needed a sled for running back and forth from Maryland to Philly (which I do every weekend).  I've been driving my Boxster, but with two dogs, luggage, etc, it was tight.  I bought this XJR last Saturday.  It's a friggin hammer.  It came new with the supercharged 370hp V8.  The previous owner installed a few minor bolt-ons that pushed it to 400+.  It's a pretty nice road car.

I'm going to lose the chrome ghetto cruiser wheels in favor of something black, lower it and probably black out the window trim.  Going for the stealth look. What do you think?

Reply #1
Always have loved those. Those stock wheels? I think so anyway. They don't really scream ghetto-cruiser to me. More in the style of the wheel, and those look like the stock ones. Maybe it's that combined with the window trim. I suppose I can see your point. Maybe it's the color, if it were a light red or tan or something the effect would be lessened.

Either way definitely a sweet ride! :bowdown:
1987 20th Anniversary Cougar, 302 "5.0" GT-40 heads (F3ZE '93 Cobra) and TMoss Ported H.O. intake, H.O. camshaft
2.5" Duals, no cats, Flowmaster 40s, Richmond 3.73s w/ Trac-Lok, maxed out Baumann shift kit, 3000 RPM Dirty Dog non-lock TC
Aside from the Mustang crinkle headers, still looks like it's only 150 HP...
1988 Black XR7 Trick Flow top end, Tremec 3550
1988 Black XR7 Procharger P600B intercooled, Edelbrock Performer non-RPM heads, GT40 intake AOD, 13 PSI @5000 RPM. 93 octane

Reply #2
I think those are the stock wheels, but it would look sinister all blacked out.
Matt
1984 Thunderbird - 89 302 HO, GT40 heads w/ Trick Flow springs, E303 cam, Edelbrock Performer 289 intake and 600 cfm 4bbl, Mustang headers, Jegs o/r H pipe, Dynomax lers, Mustang AOD and shifter, Mustang 8.8 w/ 3.73s, 3G alternator, Mustang front and rear sway bars, KYB 87-88 Turbo Coupe shocks and struts, and 11" front brakes.

1988 Mustang GT - GT40 heads, Explorer intake, 70mm throttle body, 70mm MAF, Crane 1.7 rrs, E303 cam, Kirban Kwik shifter w/ Pro 5.0 deluxe handle, aluminum clutch quadrant and firewall adjuster, o/r h pipe, Dynomax lers, 3G alternator, aluminum radiator, and 3.27 gears.

1986 Cougar 5.0, 1989 Mark VII LSC 5 speed, 1980 Mercury Zephyr 4 door (sold)

Reply #3
I know a guy that goes Corvette hunting with his. 

If I keep this one long enough, it's getting one or two turbos.
http://www.foxtbirdcougarforums.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=18411&stc=1&d=1233204866
#1 (left): undergoing top-to-bottom rebuild     
#2 (right): DD, power everything (sorta)
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Reply #4
i wouldn't suspect a 400 hp beast from that. that'd be a nice sleeper. i think the term for blacked out is murdered out. lol. i'm still young, hip, and full of pep and vitality! :P
:cougarsmily:5.0 HO, E303 cam, Exploder/Cobra intake, smog pump delete, Ford Taurus electric fan, MAF conversion, BBK headers, MAC 2.5" off-road exhaust w/x-pipe, AOD w/shift kit, 8.8 Trac-Loc rear w/disc brakes, 5-lug conversion w/'98 Mustang GT 17" wheels, Mach 1 springs:cougarsmily:

Reply #5
They are the stock wheels, but they're a little bling-ish for me.  I'm thinking something a little less in-your-face.

These cars ran mid to high 13s from the factory.  I haven't put my G-Tech on this one yet, but I was told it'll run low 13s on it's street tires.

Reply #6
leave it that way its perfect  they have always been my favorite Jaguars

Reply #7
what about black chrome? the wheels would look sweet with black chrome.
i agree with the window trim, black it out, that tooo much chrome in one area.
Brian J Larkin
1988 Tbird Turbo Coupe
1989 Cougar XR7
1995  Ranger Splash

Reply #8
There aren't a lot of wheels available for the XJR.  The S and X types use a Ford bolt pattern, but the XJs use a strange bolt pattern/center bore.

Here are a few that I like.  I'd like to hear what you guys think of them.  Obviously, two of them are the same, but in different finishes.  I'll probably order something next week.

If you look at the side view of the car, I'm thinking about blacking out the door trim, but leaving the drip rail alone.  I'll have to experiment with it.  What do you think?

Reply #9
Like both the black faced ones. And the S and X do use a Ford pattern like you said, stupid 5x108.... Hate that  pattern

I think that rims without the rivet/bolt look between the spokes would look better on a Jag. IMO though
1986 Cougar LS

Reply #10
i'm digging the first rims.
:cougarsmily:5.0 HO, E303 cam, Exploder/Cobra intake, smog pump delete, Ford Taurus electric fan, MAF conversion, BBK headers, MAC 2.5" off-road exhaust w/x-pipe, AOD w/shift kit, 8.8 Trac-Loc rear w/disc brakes, 5-lug conversion w/'98 Mustang GT 17" wheels, Mach 1 springs:cougarsmily:

Reply #11
Nice ride! Tough wheel choice, I kinda like all three. But I would probably go with the third set on the Jag. Plus you don't strike me as a 5-spoke kinda guy. :P
2005 Subaru WRX STi|daily driver

Reply #12
If they are 5x108, MN-12 wheels will fit it.  Also:

FORD TAURUS 86-04

FORD THUNDERBIRD 89-04

FORD WINDSTAR 95-03

FORD FREESTAR 2004

JAGUAR S TYPE 00-04

JAGUAR X TYPE 02-04

LINCOLN CONTINENTAL 91-03

LINCOLN LS 00-04

MARK 8 93-98

MERCURY COUGAR 89-97

MERCURY SABLE 86-04

MERCURY MONTEREY 2004

VOLVO S60 01-04

VOLVO C70 99-04

VOLVO V70 98-04

VOLVO XC70 01-04

VOLVO S80 99-04

VOLVO XC90 03-04

Also... http://www.thecustomwheelshop.com/
-John Fordham

1993 Cougar XR7 302 HO AOD
245,000 miles and still running strong

2005 F-150 FX4 SuperCab 5.4L

Reply #13
Unfortunately, they're 120.65mm with a 73.8mm centerbore...very unusual.

Reply #14
Quote from: ivygreen;254441
Unfortunately, they're 120.65mm with a 73.8mm centerbore...very unusual.

I just saw some 120's on CL today and was thinking what the hell would those go on.
1986 Cougar LS