Skip to main content
Topic: New DD, Mazda B2200 *Pics Added* (Read 1076 times) previous topic - next topic

New DD, Mazda B2200 *Pics Added*

So I osted in the lounge that I bout a truck, and about the problems Ive been having. I figured it would make more sense to post in here.

I got it for a deal, it only has 163xxx on it, not too bad for these trucks, Plus Cab, 5 speed, just A little beater. I might race it if someone wants to step up to the 85 HP monster but with the rotted exaust I dont think that will be happening.

It needs to be tuned in bad. It bogs bad when you get on it. Pretty sure the timing is retared, carb probibly need cleaned up, windsheild is cracked, big dent in the pass. side of the cab. tailgate is beat up and needs latch, driver door unlocks itself when you close it, crank pulley wobbles, radio is hard wired in so it says on until I turn it off, needs a battery, but its a beater.

More or less I bought it so I could drive home from school more without spending all my money on gas. Plus its a truck so I can make my money back with s and whatever. 

Ill have more pics this weekend, I forgot to take them last weekend.

Nothing pretty but here it is
1986 Cougar LS

Reply #1
Back when a mazda truck, was a mazda truck.

Looks decent. I wouldnt necessarily call it a beater, Id take care of it and fix it up. Anything decent on gas isnt a beater these days.
93 Festiva L, 193k miles, BP+T/G25MR swap, T3 50trim .48/.42, SRT FMIC, Capri electronics/Rocketchip, 2.5" exhaust
bests: ET 12.86, MPH 110.25, 1.92 short
02 Subaru Impreza WRX, 129k miles
97 Subaru Impreza Outback Sport, 236k miles

Reply #2
well i dont want to fix it up. just keep it  going. i wanted it so i can have money for the Cougar
1986 Cougar LS

Reply #3

I put some flat black over the brown and that and the middle section of the bumper that is rusted. Doesnt look great but better than it did.

Here's the dent in the cab.

Only 162, i thought it was at 163.

1986 Cougar LS

Reply #4
parts-hauler! :) i see a lot of them mazdas around still. must be good trucks. prolly good on gas as well.
:cougarsmily:5.0 HO, E303 cam, Exploder/Cobra intake, smog pump delete, Ford Taurus electric fan, MAF conversion, BBK headers, MAC 2.5" off-road exhaust w/x-pipe, AOD w/shift kit, 8.8 Trac-Loc rear w/disc brakes, 5-lug conversion w/'98 Mustang GT 17" wheels, Mach 1 springs:cougarsmily:

Reply #5
Quote from: jncocowboyx;236955
parts-hauler! :) i see a lot of them mazdas around still. must be good trucks. prolly good on gas as well.

Theycan be good on gas. The first thing I thought was now I dont have to worry about going to get stuff. Yeah there are alot still on the road, its like finding parts for my car though
1986 Cougar LS

Reply #6
Painted the front bumper. Looks totally different now

1986 Cougar LS

Reply #7
awesome. I beat the shiznit out of my grandma's b2000. Little carb inline 4. Got great gas miliage. and I could chirp 3rd.
Quote from: jcassity
I honestly dont think you could exceed the cost of a new car buy installing new *stock* parts everywhere in your coug our tbird. Its just plain impossible. You could revamp the entire drivetrain/engine/suspenstion and still come out ahead.
Hooligans! 
1988 Crown Vic wagon. 120K California car. Wifes grocery getter. (junked)
1987 Ford Thunderbird LX. 5.0. s.o., sn-95 t-5 and an f-150 clutch. Driven daily and going strong.
1986 cougar.
lilsammywasapunkrocker@yahoo.com

Reply #8
Selling it....
1986 Cougar LS