betty the 95

sarh the 88

do you name your cars

Reply #1
No...
Long live the 4-eyes!  - '83 Tbird Turbo

do you name your cars

Reply #2
yeah, the bird, the TC, or the Ford. Sometimes even the Ford Thunderbird Turbo Coupe.
1985 Thunderbird TC
2.3l .03 over,Ported and polished Head and E6 Manifold, LA3, T3/T4 Hybrid Turbo, Stinger FMIC, Forge BOV, Full 3" Exhaust, Essy Timing Gears & UDP's, BBK 255lph Fuel Pump, Kirban AFPR, Kirban Short Shifter, K&N Cone, Forced4 VC Vent Kit, PA Performance 3g Alternator, Energy Suspension Bushings throughout, CHE LCA's, SFC's [/LEFT]

do you name your cars

Reply #3
we have somthing like 15 cars at the thunderdome so its just easy

do you name your cars

Reply #4
Since I've got twins, they need some kind of ID.  I've been thinking about "Rudolph" for the one getting rebuilt, or "red" and "blue" based on the volvo valve cover color.  Right now they're "the old one" and "the new one".
#1 (left): undergoing top-to-bottom rebuild     
#2 (right): DD, power everything (sorta)
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

do you name your cars

Reply #5
Meredith - the Cougar
Gertrude - the Fairlane
The Tib - the Tib

do you name your cars

Reply #6
Quote from: Chuck W;216766
No...

X2
1986 Cougar LS

do you name your cars

Reply #7
Cougar A - 87 LS 3.8V6
Cougar B - 87 LS 3.8V6
Cougar X - 88 XR7 5.0V8
Salt - 88 Base TBird 3.8LV6
Pepper - 88 Thunderbird 5.0LV8

Not that I enjoy picking on letters of the alphabet... the first two cougars I've owned are A and B.  However, it wasn't until after B arrived, and my old man started referring to her as The Brown Cougar, or Cougar Brown.... so B stuck and A followed suite.

I'll never own a Cougar C (unless I find a 1967 Cougar ;) )

So it made sense for X.

And only SaltNPepper knows the full story about Salt and Pepper :hick:
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Operation: X Marks the Spot
5.0L SEFI, AOD, 8.8" 3.02 TracLok - All Stock

do you name your cars

Reply #8
only the cougar has a name..... my wife calls it Jezabell.....  she says the cat lures me away from her :)

OOOH!!!  I'm a Eco Hypermiler :burnout: Not bad for 79mph on the interstate 2hours a day

do you name your cars

Reply #9
I did at one time :hick:

I got a LOT of flack for it, but I had FOUR Red 1988 Turbo Coupes at the same time (plus a Red 87 just to mess with things) so it was really hard to make it clear which one I was working on.

They all got named for songs playing on the radio on the day we decided to name them.

Apparently that wasn't "cool" with the internet tough guys but screw them.

Now it's "the cop car" or "the P71" or "the 'Vic" or "the cruiser" or "Car #202" for the Crown Vic Police Interceptor.
The RX-7 is either "the RX-7" or "blinky" depending on who's asking.
The Grand Prix is "the GTONO" as in "GTO, no" because John has a GTO and the GP is a "GT" (as opposed to the blown "GTP"). Hard to explain, but it just kinda stuck.

do you name your cars

Reply #10
I think Ford did a good enough job naming the cars for us.
It's Gumby's fault.

do you name your cars

Reply #11
88 Fast T-bird
95 Slow T-bird

Easy enough so people know which one I'm talking about.
88 Thunderbird LX: 306, Edelbrock Performer heads, Comp 266HR cam, Edelbrock Performer RPM intake, bunch of other stuff.

do you name your cars

Reply #12
I never understood the why people feel the need to name their cars, or even their boats.
I can understand feeling emotionally attached to something like a car; but to name it just seems wierd to me.

Brent
:cougarsmily:
1985 Mercury Cougar XR-7 - 5-speed 
One of 1,246 built

do you name your cars

Reply #13
I named my first car (Bertha) and even occasionally referred to my second car by name (Freakin'), but none after that. I was 16/17, so I plead not guilty by reason of youthful stupidity. Now I just refer to my cars by what they are (The "T-Bird", the "Saturn", and the "Truck").

Oh, wait, I also called my old '82 Toyota 4X4 the "Bawg Hawg", but that's because it had a windshield decal saying so before I bought it.
2015 Mustang GT Premium - 5.0, 6-speed, Guard Green - too much awesome for one car

1988 5.0 Thunderbird :birdsmily: SOLD SEPT 11 2010: TC front clip/hood ♣ Body & paint completed Oct 2007 ♣ 3.55 TC rear end and front brakes ♣ TC interior ♣ CHE rear control arms (adjustable lowers) ♣ 2001 Bullitt springs ♣ Energy suspension poly busings ♣ Kenne Brown subframe connectors ♣ CWE engine mounts ♣ Thundercat sequential turn signals ♣ Explorer overhead console (temp/compass display) ♣ 2.25" off-road dual exhaust ♣ T-5 transmission swap completed Jan 2009 ♣

do you name your cars

Reply #14
the coug'
the 'bird

nice and easy, i'll let you figure out which is which
1988 Thunderbird sport
2004 Ford F150 Lariat
2008  Chevrolet Cobalt Sport
2007 Suzuki DR-Z400S dual sport/Supermoto
1988 Thunderbird LX - sold
1988 Mercury Cougar XR-7 with GST kit - gone