Skip to main content
Topic: Brought home an LX parts car today, or did I? (Read 8537 times) previous topic - next topic

Brought home an LX parts car today, or did I?

Reply #30
Quote from: 87 T-BIRD;466505
WOW!!! Looks like I'm looking at my car back when it was stock inside and out. My parents bought the bird I have now back in 87 from Battlefield Ford in Manassas. If you don't mind me asking what did pay for the car? You can pm if your willing to divulge the price.

Donnie

I paid $860 for it.

Reply #31
Quote from: 50RACER;466506
I paid $860 for it.

If you figure out the miss, then you got a deal on that 1 !
87 Tbird LX w/Factory floor shifter:D   3G upgrade. Tinted Windows...85 Mustang GT steering wheel(non-cruise) 17'' Saleen SC style wheels,Front/Rear TC sway bars/poly bushings & Mustang GT steering rack...'05 Mustang V6 springs...93 Cobra MC & booster, MM adjustable C/C plates,  Work  In  Progress.......  ( On The Shelf---HO computer, 19lb injectors, HO cam, BBK headers, Explorer Intake, Cold Air Intake ,Phantom Gauges, Stinger stainless exhaust pipes )
 S O L D

Reply #32
Nice! I sure hope you keep it. Their are times I want to find another bird and do a street build, but its getting hard to find pieces and parts for them. One reason I've been looking for a four-eyed stang to build.
Donnie
10 Second NA TBird
Fredericksburg Va

Reply #33
Quote from: 87 T-BIRD;466519
Their are times I want to find another bird and do a street build, but its getting hard to find pieces and parts for them. One reason I've been looking for a four-eyed stang to build.

When I had my car painted last year I was able to find all the exterior trim NOS through places like Green Sales and eBay. That stuff is available. The big issue is interior bits. Being these things are 30 years old minimum it's only going to get worse....
88 Thunderbird LX: 306, Edelbrock Performer heads, Comp 266HR cam, Edelbrock Performer RPM intake, bunch of other stuff.

Reply #34
Quote from: 50RACER;466506
I paid $860 for it.

I will give you $861.
88 Thunderbird LX: 306, Edelbrock Performer heads, Comp 266HR cam, Edelbrock Performer RPM intake, bunch of other stuff.

Reply #35
Quote from: thunderjet302;466520
When I had my car painted last year I was able to find all the exterior trim NOS through places like Green Sales and eBay. That stuff is available. The big issue is interior bits. Being these things are 30 years old minimum it's only going to get worse....

I found the some of the exterior parts, but your correct on the interior stuff. Finding the interior components in better shape then what's in the car now is the issue.
Donnie
10 Second NA TBird
Fredericksburg Va

Reply #36
Quote from: 87 T-BIRD;466523
I found the some of the exterior parts, but your correct on the interior stuff. Finding the interior components in better shape then what's in the car now is the issue.

What are you looking for? I've got a box of misc interior bits kicking around the garage. PM me and I can see if I have what you need.

Reply #37
Quote from: thunderjet302;466527
What are you looking for? I've got a box of misc interior bits kicking around the garage. PM me and I can see if I have what you need.

The only thing I'm looking for now is an 87-88 Turbo Coupe front nose. My bird is a full on drag car now. Thank you though!
Donnie
10 Second NA TBird
Fredericksburg Va

Reply #38
Quote from: 87 T-BIRD;466532
The only thing I'm looking for now is an 87-88 Turbo Coupe front nose. My bird is a full on drag car now. Thank you though!

Then come to Manassas and get one from me! I've got header panel and bumper cover. $225.00. I have lights too if you need them.

Reply #39
Quote from: 50RACER;466534
Then come to Manassas and get one from me! I've got header panel and bumper cover. $225.00. I have lights too if you need them.

When I get the extra money it's a deal. Trying to finish some other projects around the house.
Donnie
10 Second NA TBird
Fredericksburg Va

Reply #40
Trying to get this thing to start with no luck yet. Still seems to be a fuel issue. It is getting spark because if I give it a shot of starting fluid, it tries to fire, if only for a second. I replaced the fuel pump and filter. I can hear it cycle on when I hit the key. When I hit the Schrader valve in the fuel line, it comes out, but not a spray.  More like a little  trickle, so not much pressure. I have also made sure the that the inertia button in the trunk is pushed in as well.

Also, when trying to crank the engine,  the small ground wire off the battery cable that attaches to the inside of the fender well gets really hot after only a few seconds of cranking. That doesn't seem normal to me.

Thoughts?

Reply #41
And then there is this wire that has been cut off at some point that is coming out of the bottom right harness / plug that is at the right rear of the intake manifold. The wiring diagram says is goes to the RIGHT EGO GND. Is this a ground that should probably attach to the firewall? XXX

Reply #42
XXX

Reply #43
While looking at the photos, I did notice the white plug wasn't seated. That is now corrected. Still no start. When I turn the key to run, I hear a series of clicks about a second or so apart, coming from rearward in the car, but I don't actually hear the fuel pump prime. Shouldn't I be able to hear that?

Reply #44
You'll get it going. That ain't no parts car. Hell, I've driven for years worse cars than that LOL.

Finding something like that would pretty much get me out of the Mustang and back into a 'Bird..
'84 Mustang
'98 Explorer 5.0
'03 Focus, dropped a valve seat. yay. freakin' split port engines...
'06 Explorer EB 4.6