Skip to main content
Topic: Boot's Budget Bird Build discussion (Read 4105 times) previous topic - next topic

Boot's Budget Bird Build discussion

Reply #15
Mustang gt cars use the same sway bars. The sn-95 cars ive looked at actually looked to be the same size or smaller stock.

My 88xr7 sway bar is huge front and rear.

Front one on my 86 base looks to be almost half the size and the rear looks like a pencil.
Quote from: jcassity
I honestly dont think you could exceed the cost of a new car buy installing new *stock* parts everywhere in your coug our tbird. Its just plain impossible. You could revamp the entire drivetrain/engine/suspenstion and still come out ahead.
Hooligans! 
1988 Crown Vic wagon. 120K California car. Wifes grocery getter. (junked)
1987 Ford Thunderbird LX. 5.0. s.o., sn-95 t-5 and an f-150 clutch. Driven daily and going strong.
1986 cougar.
lilsammywasapunkrocker@yahoo.com

Reply #16
Holler at Vinnie for the info on the SN95 springs. We need to make a thread specifically on those springs and sticky it.

83 351W TKO'd T-Bird on the bottle

93 331 Mustang Coupe - 368 rwhp

Reply #17
Quote from: Aerocoupe;461499
Holler at Vinnie for the info on the SN95 springs. We need to make a thread specifically on those springs and sticky it.

+1.... This topic comes up alot.
87 Tbird LX w/Factory floor shifter:D   3G upgrade. Tinted Windows...85 Mustang GT steering wheel(non-cruise) 17'' Saleen SC style wheels,Front/Rear TC sway bars/poly bushings & Mustang GT steering rack...'05 Mustang V6 springs...93 Cobra MC & booster, MM adjustable C/C plates,  Work  In  Progress.......  ( On The Shelf---HO computer, 19lb injectors, HO cam, BBK headers, Explorer Intake, Cold Air Intake ,Phantom Gauges, Stinger stainless exhaust pipes )
 S O L D

Reply #18
Quote from: ISTLCRUZ;461500
+1.... This topic comes up alot.

+2, because there are plenty of threads, but yet none seem to give solid answers.

Reply #19
Quote from: Aerocoupe;461499

PM is a comin, Vinnie!

Reply #20
My car with 1999 Mustang springs.......

'88 Sport--T-5,MGW shifter,Trick Flow R intake,Ed Curtis cam,Trick Flow heads,Scorpion rockers,75mm Accufab t-body,3G,mini starter,Taurus fan,BBK long tube headers,O/R H-Pipe, Flowamaster Super 44's, deep and deeper Cobra R wheels, Mass Air and 24's,8.8 with 3.73's,140 mph speedo,Mach 1 chin spoiler,SN-95 springs,CHE control arms,aluminum drive shaft and a lot more..

Reply #21
just regular old v8 Mustang GT springs?  perfect.

I did see some people mention getting Bullitt springs for a higher spring rate, Vinnie, is a higher rate really needed for these cars, or are standard springs sufficiently stiff?

Reply #22
I used 96 Mustang GT springs all around with poly isolators. The front worked fine but I had to jack the rears about half way up (I have adjustable Maximum Motorsports lowers in the rear) to get the car to sit level.
88 Thunderbird LX: 306, Edelbrock Performer heads, Comp 266HR cam, Edelbrock Performer RPM intake, bunch of other stuff.