Skip to main content
Topic: Me and my collection (Read 7042 times) previous topic - next topic

Me and my collection

Figured I would make this post since Im new here and most of you know nothing about me. I have noticed a few replies in my threads that make me believe some of you think Im a REAL newbie so here are some of my other toys I have built or still working on just to give an idea on what my skill level is.

So here is my old 88 Ranger Im most known for.

I completely rebuild every inch of this truck. It had a Esslinger headed 2.3 with a c4 trans that ran 11.20s in True Street trim.I built the motor, the trans,the narrowed 8.8,the interior, I wired it...only thing I didnt do was spray the new paint.

Sadly last Oct on what would have been its first 10sec pass the core plug popped out of the rear of the head and I drove through my own water at 120+mph and lost control then smacked the wall twice. It bent the frame at both ends and was totaled.

Im now building a second 88 Ranger with much bigger goals.Here is my build thread on Turboford...this truck will be a serious effort for one of the fastest "2.3 turbo" vehicles in country.
http://forum.turboford.org/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=30;t=000059

Im building a 170ci tall deck Ford block with a new goal of 600+ rwhp and run deep in the 9s in True Street trim.
Brian R.
88 2.3t Ranger
83 TC  gt40p motor,Vortech,TFS1 cam,long tubes,MS PnP,T5,8.8,17x9 Cobra 17s

Me and my collection

Reply #1
I spent all of last year building this car for my buddy Rodney in Canada.

I built the motor, rewired the car, built the fuel system,did the engine bay and a ton of other small details.

Im now building a 85 Cougar XR7 for him with very similar motor and drivetrain.
Brian R.
88 2.3t Ranger

Me and my collection

Reply #2
My other toy in progress is my 83 Ranger.

I drug home a cab and frame of a rust free Arizona truck with only 31k on it.

So far I have come up with this... Again, I built everything you see with my own hands.

It has a EFI 5.0, c4, dual transfercases,d44 front axle,9" rear, bed mounted radiator,in pics its on 37" Iroks but now on 39.50" Boggers. I bent every tube and did all fab work myself.
Brian R.
88 2.3t Ranger

Me and my collection

Reply #3
Nice toys. Too bad about the Ranger :(
88 Thunderbird LX: 306, Edelbrock Performer heads, Comp 266HR cam, Edelbrock Performer RPM intake, bunch of other stuff.

Me and my collection

Reply #4
Love the square body Rangers!  Had an '88 and a '97 too, both 2.3's (non turbo of course,lol).
'88 'bird, 10.9:1 306 w/TFS top end, forged rods/pistons, T-5 swap & bunch of other stuff, 1-family owned, had it since ‘98, 5.0tbrd88 on Instagram and YouTube

Me and my collection

Reply #5
AH haha, I see my old bumpers again!!
gumby - beauty may fade, but stupid is forever!

Me and my collection

Reply #6
Quote from: gumby;455056
AH haha, I see my old bumpers again!!
repurposed again!
Brian R.
88 2.3t Ranger

Me and my collection

Reply #7
Very nice collection of projects.  You truly are talented.

Go Fast the first time.  The tickets the same.
86 Thunderbird 5.0.  All original good weather driver. Tbird Reg #53035
86 Thunderbird TC.  All original good weather driver.  Tbird Reg # 58555
87 Thunderbird TC.  All original good weather daily driver.  Tbird Reg # 64647

Me and my collection

Reply #8
Nice!
1986 Mercury Cougar - 2.3T/T5 swap, TC brakes and suspension and rearend, 3" exhaust, 255 lph fuel pump, Stinger BOV, Gillis MBC @ 18 psi
2003 Chevy Suburban Z71 - Daily driver
2015 Chevy Volt - Wife's daily driver

Me and my collection

Reply #9
I had an 83 ranger with a '68 289 in it. It already had the motor swap done when I got it. I was only 18, and I ran that thing to death; pizza delivery, street racing, drifting, lol. All the things ignorant teens do with overpowered cars, lol.

I think I saw it at the track last time I was there, I wish I had a way of knowing if that was my old truck.
CoogarXR : 1985 Cougar XR-7

Me and my collection

Reply #10
Nice rides and Nice work

Me and my collection

Reply #11
I've always wanted to do a 302 swapped ranger. Maybe one day. Blown up 90's rangers are a dime a dozen.
Quote from: jcassity
I honestly dont think you could exceed the cost of a new car buy installing new *stock* parts everywhere in your coug our tbird. Its just plain impossible. You could revamp the entire drivetrain/engine/suspenstion and still come out ahead.
Hooligans! 
1988 Crown Vic wagon. 120K California car. Wifes grocery getter. (junked)
1987 Ford Thunderbird LX. 5.0. s.o., sn-95 t-5 and an f-150 clutch. Driven daily and going strong.
1986 cougar.
lilsammywasapunkrocker@yahoo.com

Me and my collection

Reply #12
I guess i can add this to my list now too. Decided to trade my daily '12 F150 in since it just broke 120k miles but still looked brand new and had good trade in value.

I special ordered a 16 F150 built the way I wanted. Took 17days from order to delivery! Had it for a week and 500 miles now and  so far its awesome,feels nothing like my 12.

Its a XL Sport,with 5.0,4wd,3.73s with e-locker,all the trailer/tow goodies. Lots of plans for this truck too. Already tinted the windows,put a tonneau cover on,k&n,removed some badges and bought a XLT Sport grill to swap in.
Brian R.
88 2.3t Ranger

Me and my collection

Reply #13
Nice truck!  My brother has been bugging me about buying my 2010 z/71.  If he buys I'm going back to a Ford.  I've had two F-150's (99 & 01 s'crew) and while my GM truck is OK, I never have liked the thing much other than the 5.3 motor.

I'm on the fence about 5.0 or Ecoboost.  I think both have pros/cons.
'88 'bird, 10.9:1 306 w/TFS top end, forged rods/pistons, T-5 swap & bunch of other stuff, 1-family owned, had it since ‘98, 5.0tbrd88 on Instagram and YouTube

Me and my collection

Reply #14
Im telling you these new 15+ trucks make those older ones feel like a horse and buggy! My 12 was a 5.0 truck and so is this one but the 16 feels like it has a blower bolted to it compared to my 12. The lower weight {which you can really feel},extra power and better gears with locker make this thing feel way more sporty than any base pickup should.

Matter of fact this weds Im taking it to the drag strip for fun to see how fast it is. My 12 ran a best of 15.22 at 93 and I bet this truck has at least a 14.50 in it.

When talking Eco vs 5.0 I really can find a downside to the v8. See WAY more complaints online from Eco owners by far. Yes they take to mods well but seem to have more cons than pros IMHO.
Brian R.
88 2.3t Ranger