Skip to main content
Topic: +/- 40 or, This Winter's Upgrades (Read 6790 times) previous topic - next topic

+/- 40 or, This Winter's Upgrades

Reply #45
50/50 weight balance ftw.  I had never noticed the little aluminum air dams for your hood scoops...those are cool!

Sittin on GO, now its gonna snow tonight. 

I know, this snow was quite a kick in the balls after having a few days of 70 degree weather!  I was planning on running my car up to my Dad's shop to work on a few things and by the time I got off work Saturday, it was spitting snow.  Ah well spring will be here to stay soon enough and we will be able to play.
'88 'bird, 10.9:1 306 w/TFS top end, forged rods/pistons, T-5 swap & bunch of other stuff, 1-family owned, had it since ‘98, 5.0tbrd88 on Instagram and YouTube

Reply #46
Great job with your Bird! You've really been busy. I never knew you could change the lips on wheels before either, that's really cool. There's not much space between the tires and fenders either, it looks good. Do they rub at all?

Reply #47
Chuck, yeah I am stoked with the new numbers.
No rubbing from my tires.
Snow stayed south far enough that I got to run today, but boy was it COLD this morning. Too cold for UHP summer tires I'll tell ya that, no grip at all today.

Thanks for all the compliments guys!
gumby - beauty may fade, but stupid is forever!

Reply #48
I hope to be picking up a 4 eyed bird from a friend and trying to build an AutoX car. You've done alot of work, and amazing work at that! Love the car. I'm not a fan of the look of the wheels, but the functionality is sweet. I love having wheels with a nice lip and the versatility of the 3 piece is cool. What is the function of your Aluminum hood scoop pieces?
"Real cars dont power the front wheels, they lift them"
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
1984 Mercury Cougar GS 5.0:cougarsmily: BBK Equal Length Shorties, BBK O/R X-Pipe, Magnaflow Magnapacks, Mustang GT Stainless Tailpipes, 18" Magnaflow Rolled Edge Tips. Turbo Coupe Hood, Mach 1 Chin Spoiler. 17"x9" Cobra R's, Falken Ziex 255/50s, and 245/45s.
1984 Ford Thunderbird 3.8L "Drag Queen"
2009 Dodge Ram 1500 Lone Star Edition 5.7L Hemi 400hp, lex DOD14M Magnaflow retro-fit ler kit

Reply #49
heat extraction
gumby - beauty may fade, but stupid is forever!