Skip to main content
Topic: keyless entery (Read 1198 times) previous topic - next topic

keyless entery

dose any one know if the wireing and plugs are in the harns for the keyless entery? i have keyless entery on one car and want to put it on the other car but the other car dose not on it.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
88 5.0L aod with duel flowmaster and speedo mod
88 5.0L H.O with 5 speed R.I.P
87 3.8L no trans. geting h.o and 5speed (project never ending thunder) started it as of 8-14-10
96 bronco xl 5.0L 5 speed man4x4
:birdsmily:

keyless entery

Reply #1
it all starts in the trunk, directly behind the seat back.

you will need an evtm more than you think

keyless entery

Reply #2
i have the hole set up for it. i just wanted to know if the wires are their for it
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
87 3.8L no trans. geting h.o and 5speed (project never ending thunder) started it as of 8-14-10

keyless entery

Reply #3
AFIK no "extra" wires for keyless...

It requires quite a bit different setup, as without it door locl/unlock relays are in dash, the keyless module them internally... I believe someone has added the feature and gave details may try search...

My TC didn't have keyless so I added the keyless/remote module from a '98 Taurus, keypad isn't wired...

keyless entery

Reply #4
i was just trying to find out if it was even worth it and if i have to run wires or not
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

keyless entery

Reply #5
At the risk of making someone mad, I think this is a very ugly feature.  I'm very glad my cad did not come with it.

TED

keyless entery

Reply #6
well the car im taking the doors off of has it and i thought it would be nice to have it work on the other car
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

keyless entery

Reply #7
You'll definitely need to do some soldering when added keyless entry keypad (at least our old OEM style).  The connector the the keypad is not in the door, and the main harness that travels to the keyless module in the trunk taps into the main body harness at a few point along the way.  Overall, it's definitely swappable, in fact, I'll be doing one on my car as well, but it will require you to remove the front and rear seats, carpet, driver's door panel, and the driver's kick panel to install.

keyless entery

Reply #8
I installed an aftermarket one with keyfob remotes. All my wiring was done under the driver's side of the dash.