Skip to main content
Topic: 86 TC protouring project (Read 4163 times) previous topic - next topic

86 TC protouring project

Reply #15
Quote from: fourplaymotorsports;317632
try pro-touring.com that one works, lateral-g has alot of camaro guys doesn't seem like there are too many ford guys on there but still a good site alot of nasty cars.

There are a lot of Camaros there! There are a fair number of Fords too. The good thing is that none of the "my brand is better than yours" is tolerated, except in jest of course.

Pro-Touring.com might have a bit more Fords, but the attitude there is a bit different. Still, a lot can be learned!

Corner-Carvers.com will have a lot of good tech on it, but I understand that they are not real friendly to the uninitiated.

Shiny Side Up!
Bill
"as if 'religion' were something God invented, and not His statement to us of certain quite unalterable facts about His own nature." -C.S. Lewis

86 TC protouring project

Reply #16
nice ride! nice to see a another bird owner from upstate ny. good luck!

86 TC protouring project

Reply #17
Haven't had much time lately to work on the car but just came across a stash of parts a guy had in his barn, some new stuff and nos pieces still in boxes, also another complete 2.3t motor, so im thinking i might be building that motor for the car.

86 TC protouring project

Reply #18
Getting ready to paint the chassis and get started on a few chassis mods

86 TC protouring project

Reply #19
Good to see you are still at it!  So you are still doing 2.3T power?
'88 'bird, 10.9:1 306 w/TFS top end, forged rods/pistons, T-5 swap & bunch of other stuff, 1-family owned, had it since ‘98, 5.0tbrd88 on Instagram and YouTube

86 TC protouring project

Reply #20
thats the plan for now

86 TC protouring project

Reply #21
Well the pro touring part of the project has been cancelled for now just not enough money for it, the plan is just to clean up and paint the chassis and put it back together and hopefully get some cruising in this year!!!!!!!

86 TC protouring project

Reply #22
well it' been almost two years since i put this car on hold and purchased the now sold 83 tc, sold the 83 tc as a roller so i'm back to my original project, I would still like to do a pro touring/ road race style build and have been inspired by fordguy545's build of his car. here is a pic of how it sits now it will be a long road back to being road worthy.

86 TC protouring project

Reply #23
 hope your dream come to

In some cases it's better to do a ground up makes it mor satisfying

86 TC protouring project

Reply #25
Quote from: fourplaymotorsports;407342
well it' been almost two years since i put this car on hold and purchased the now sold 83 tc, sold the 83 tc as a roller so i'm back to my original project, I would still like to do a pro touring/ road race style build and have been inspired by fordguy545's build of his car. here is a pic of how it sits now it will be a long road back to being road worthy.

Reminds me of what mine looked like for almost a year. Do keep us posted on your progress.

86' T/C 4.6L DOHC
16' Chebby Cruze 1.4L Turbo
17’ Peterbilt 389 600hp 1850ftlb Trq 18spd

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

“Heavy Metal Mistress”
[/COLOR][/SIZE]