Skip to main content
Topic: In progress Sport pics.... (Read 34462 times) previous topic - next topic

In progress Sport pics....

Reply #15
A more important question would be.....

was that a ham and cheese sammich???mmmmmmmmmmmmmm
5 Mopars, an S-197, and the Turbo Twinkie[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Reply #16
Looking good so far. Was the car originally gold?
88 Thunderbird LX: 306, Edelbrock Performer heads, Comp 266HR cam, Edelbrock Performer RPM intake, bunch of other stuff.

Reply #17
Looking good Vin!!!!

Perhaps it was a grilled cheese sammich ?
Never drive faster than your guardian angel can fly.
:birdsmily: :birdsmily: :birdsmily::birdsmily: 
  [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
:birdsmily: :birdsmily: :birdsmily::birdsmily:
1983 base model,1969 302 (originally a v6),upraded c5,currently 30,441 original miles.

Reply #18
o.K.,here we go......

-YES,there are matching tips on the right side as well as the left.
-The black body line trim will remain black with the chrome strip.
-The trim between the fender openings (front to back) will remain off.Only the leading edge fender trim,and rear fender trim will remain.
-The car was originally gold.It had a second coat of paint applied at some point in it's life without prep work,and a lot of it was peeking and flaking off.I've removed the entire second coat of paint.
-The sammich was roast beef on HomePride wheat bread.

Thanks for the compliments on the Sport.I got the doors finished today.More sanding after work tomorrow.I'm nearly ready.WOO-HOO !!!!!
'88 Sport--T-5,MGW shifter,Trick Flow R intake,Ed Curtis cam,Trick Flow heads,Scorpion rockers,75mm Accufab t-body,3G,mini starter,Taurus fan,BBK long tube headers,O/R H-Pipe, Flowamaster Super 44's, deep and deeper Cobra R wheels, Mass Air and 24's,8.8 with 3.73's,140 mph speedo,Mach 1 chin spoiler,SN-95 springs,CHE control arms,aluminum drive shaft and a lot more..

Reply #19
Get to work!!
Old Grey Cat to this.88 Cat, 5.0 HO, CW mounts, mass air, CI custom cam, afr165's, Tmoss worked cobra intake, BBK shorty's,off road h pipe, magnaflow ex. T-5,spec stage 2 clutch, 8.8 373 TC trac loc, che ajustables with bullits on the rear. 11" brakes up front. +

Reply #20
Mmmm, roast beast.....
Horseradish mustard would be good with that.

Did you remember to sand inside the door jambs?
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
***** Project "EVOLUTION" 1987 Cougar LS  & 1985 Cougar Convertible *****
[/COLOR]
5.0 HO 306 roller block, machined GT-40P heads, Wiseco dished forged pistons, Eagle forged floating I-beam connecting rods, Lunati pushrods, ARP bolts, Scorpion aluminum 1.6 rockers, Comp Cams Magnum 266HR, Explorer intake, 65mm TB, MAF Conversion, 19# injectors, Ford Racing stainless P-headers, 2-1/2" cat-less exhaust w/ Flowtech Afterburner lers , SC AOD with 2800 BDR torque converter, 3.73 T-Lok rear, CHE rear control arms, full 2-1/2" frame w/1" jacking rails & seat supports, Rear disk brakes, Turbine wheels, All original interior w/ floor shift upgrade .......
Pretty much every panel on my 87 is new, rebuilt, or re constructed. :D
Join us on Facebook

Reply #21
Quote from: daminc;243877
Mmmm, roast beast.....
Horseradish mustard would be good with that.

Did you remember to sand inside the door jambs?

I doubt he knows what horseradish is!!,
Old Grey Cat to this.88 Cat, 5.0 HO, CW mounts, mass air, CI custom cam, afr165's, Tmoss worked cobra intake, BBK shorty's,off road h pipe, magnaflow ex. T-5,spec stage 2 clutch, 8.8 373 TC trac loc, che ajustables with bullits on the rear. 11" brakes up front. +

Reply #22
Horseradish?We don't eat no stinkin' horseradish down here.

Oh,and the answer would be "No",I haven't sanded the door jambs yet.That's coming up Friday.....weather permitting.I'm getting the outside finished first.I still have to install the plugs for the tail lights so i can pull them and sand behind them as well.Easy stuff compared to all that's gone on with that car.Labor of love.
'88 Sport--T-5,MGW shifter,Trick Flow R intake,Ed Curtis cam,Trick Flow heads,Scorpion rockers,75mm Accufab t-body,3G,mini starter,Taurus fan,BBK long tube headers,O/R H-Pipe, Flowamaster Super 44's, deep and deeper Cobra R wheels, Mass Air and 24's,8.8 with 3.73's,140 mph speedo,Mach 1 chin spoiler,SN-95 springs,CHE control arms,aluminum drive shaft and a lot more..

Reply #23
Roast beast is good!

Car looks good btw:D
5 Mopars, an S-197, and the Turbo Twinkie[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Reply #24
looking good man, took me 2 weeks to hand sand the '83, looks good, could've been better, my dumb fat ass cousin chipped the paint, decided she was gonna plop herself on the front of the car, shifted the unbolted hood and chipped the paint, wonder she didn't break the fiberglass header panel:flame:
'83 Cougar *the never ending project* warmed over 306 v8,c4,8.8 posi with 5 lug conversion
'91 mustang strictly street-in progress
'00 f150 7700-Mean Green: jet stage 1 chip,ported upper intake with 1" spacer,'04 Super Duty intake with injectors,summit racing short tube headers with true 2.5" duals with smithy's glasspacks!

Reply #25
looking good!!!
wish I could paint mine
RIP 1988 and 1990 Lincoln Mark VII LSC
I welcomed the dark side and currently am driving a 2000 Dodge Durango SLT plus, with a 5.9, Code named project "Night Runner"
Shes black on black, fully loaded, with headers, 180 tstat, e fan, straight exhaust into a cherry bomb vortex ler, full tune up, ported intake and T/B, MSD coil, and round aircleaner.
Mods to come: Fully rebuilt and heavily modded 46RE, and a richmond rachet locker.
my $300 beater ;)
R.I.P Kayleigh Raposa 12/18/90 - 2/24/07

Reply #26
Actually it feels so much better applying the paint yourself. God I love being a Body Man.
"Real cars dont power the front wheels, they lift them"
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
1984 Mercury Cougar GS 5.0:cougarsmily: BBK Equal Length Shorties, BBK O/R X-Pipe, Magnaflow Magnapacks, Mustang GT Stainless Tailpipes, 18" Magnaflow Rolled Edge Tips. Turbo Coupe Hood, Mach 1 Chin Spoiler. 17"x9" Cobra R's, Falken Ziex 255/50s, and 245/45s.
1984 Ford Thunderbird 3.8L "Drag Queen"
2009 Dodge Ram 1500 Lone Star Edition 5.7L Hemi 400hp, lex DOD14M Magnaflow retro-fit ler kit

Reply #27
Looks good vin.. now lets see under that hood!
[/IMG]
Just enjoyin the ride!!!!

Reply #28
The engine is really dirty....which really hurts.I had that thing looking sweet for a long time.With the work going on and driving every day,no time to clean it up.After paint,I'll detail it really nice to it's former glory.Polished aluminum and all.

Reply #29
Quote from: cougrrr302;243929
Actually it feels so much better applying the paint yourself. God I love being a Body Man.

I dunno, seeing the car when I went to pick it up was pretty awesome, and all i had to do was pay and drive it home. [SIZE="1"](It didn't hurt that insurance paid for most of it either.)[/SIZE] :hick: :giggle:

Oh, and what's estate green look like? I wonder how Sage Green would look a Thunderbird. I love that color on Mustangs.
Matt
1984 Thunderbird - 89 302 HO, GT40 heads w/ Trick Flow springs, E303 cam, Edelbrock Performer 289 intake and 600 cfm 4bbl, Mustang headers, Jegs o/r H pipe, Dynomax lers, Mustang AOD and shifter, Mustang 8.8 w/ 3.73s, 3G alternator, Mustang front and rear sway bars, KYB 87-88 Turbo Coupe shocks and struts, and 11" front brakes.

1988 Mustang GT - GT40 heads, Explorer intake, 70mm throttle body, 70mm MAF, Crane 1.7 rrs, E303 cam, Kirban Kwik shifter w/ Pro 5.0 deluxe handle, aluminum clutch quadrant and firewall adjuster, o/r h pipe, Dynomax lers, 3G alternator, aluminum radiator, and 3.27 gears.

1986 Cougar 5.0, 1989 Mark VII LSC 5 speed, 1980 Mercury Zephyr 4 door (sold)