Skip to main content
Topic: Here is my new toy....SHE IS HOME!!! (Read 4321 times) previous topic - next topic

Here is my new toy....SHE IS HOME!!!

here it is:
Quote from: 85 Capri
1985 Capri, 93 5.0 engine, T-5 tranny, ported heads,oversized valve springs,forged pistons, edelbrock torker intake, march pulleys,aluminum water pump, holley 650 double pumper carb, MSD 6 with MSD distributor and rev limiter, motorsports wires, poly engine/tranny mounts, king cobra clutch,long tubes, BBK off road H pipe, Flowmaster 2 1/2" system, no re-bars in bumpers, south side lowers, holley pump with 1/2" line, Battery mounted in trunk, Autometer Monster tach, fuel Gauge, 3 A pillars with oil, temp and vac guages, Line lock, 99 Silver Cobras 17" with Continental tires, 96 front 5 lug setup including larger swaybar and onion upper mounts, 8.8 rear with auburn posi, 410 richmond gears, US alloy axles and drums outback, 1 spare rim and some other misc stang stuff to throw in.....

Located in Burlington. PM is key!

$5500 need car gone ASAP...

Slideshow, shows rust, undercarriage and interior...

OLD Video on youtube

Reply #1
That is a shagy car! !

Reply #2
I just talk to the guy a little while ago, I gotta pick it up next sat.  the car ran low 11's with drag shocks and slicks.

Reply #3
Sweet! perhaps you can qualify for Pinks with it :D

Reply #4
thats freaking sweet!!! God !! I wish I had got this 79 capri that was for sale local......
RIP 1988 and 1990 Lincoln Mark VII LSC
I welcomed the dark side and currently am driving a 2000 Dodge Durango SLT plus, with a 5.9, Code named project "Night Runner"
Shes black on black, fully loaded, with headers, 180 tstat, e fan, straight exhaust into a cherry bomb vortex ler, full tune up, ported intake and T/B, MSD coil, and round aircleaner.
Mods to come: Fully rebuilt and heavily modded 46RE, and a richmond rachet locker.
my $300 beater ;)
R.I.P Kayleigh Raposa 12/18/90 - 2/24/07

Reply #5
Very cool, that is one slick Capri.
Matt
1984 Thunderbird - 89 302 HO, GT40 heads w/ Trick Flow springs, E303 cam, Edelbrock Performer 289 intake and 600 cfm 4bbl, Mustang headers, Jegs o/r H pipe, Dynomax lers, Mustang AOD and shifter, Mustang 8.8 w/ 3.73s, 3G alternator, Mustang front and rear sway bars, KYB 87-88 Turbo Coupe shocks and struts, and 11" front brakes.

1988 Mustang GT - GT40 heads, Explorer intake, 70mm throttle body, 70mm MAF, Crane 1.7 rrs, E303 cam, Kirban Kwik shifter w/ Pro 5.0 deluxe handle, aluminum clutch quadrant and firewall adjuster, o/r h pipe, Dynomax lers, 3G alternator, aluminum radiator, and 3.27 gears.

1986 Cougar 5.0, 1989 Mark VII LSC 5 speed, 1980 Mercury Zephyr 4 door (sold)

Reply #6
Schweet...

Reply #7
Time for an injection swap,nice ride though ron.

Reply #8
Nice :D

Are you trying to own one of every fox body?
88 Thunderbird LX: 306, Edelbrock Performer heads, Comp 266HR cam, Edelbrock Performer RPM intake, bunch of other stuff.

Reply #9
It needs a roll cage
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
***** Project "EVOLUTION" 1987 Cougar LS  & 1985 Cougar Convertible *****
[/COLOR]
5.0 HO 306 roller block, machined GT-40P heads, Wiseco dished forged pistons, Eagle forged floating I-beam connecting rods, Lunati pushrods, ARP bolts, Scorpion aluminum 1.6 rockers, Comp Cams Magnum 266HR, Explorer intake, 65mm TB, MAF Conversion, 19# injectors, Ford Racing stainless P-headers, 2-1/2" cat-less exhaust w/ Flowtech Afterburner lers , SC AOD with 2800 BDR torque converter, 3.73 T-Lok rear, CHE rear control arms, full 2-1/2" frame w/1" jacking rails & seat supports, Rear disk brakes, Turbine wheels, All original interior w/ floor shift upgrade .......
Pretty much every panel on my 87 is new, rebuilt, or re constructed. :D
Join us on Facebook

Reply #10
Now that you bought a different car, you'll want to change all of the things on it that aren't cool. Here is my list to get you started:

Hmm, I'll have to look at those pics again. There has to SOMETHING on that car that isn't cool.

Nope, can't find anything. :bowdown:
1987 Turbo Coupe - Son's car
1987 Super Coupe - Son's project car
1934 Ford - My project car

Reply #11
You better not be getting rid of the bubble hatch.....
Long live the 4-eyes!  - '83 Tbird Turbo

Reply #12
See the difference between here and the Corral is there youd get 10 responses saying "lose the bubble hatch put an aero front end on it" :laughing:

Looks great I love the capri's esp. the front end. Nasty burnout too.
1987 20th Anniversary Cougar, 302 "5.0" GT-40 heads (F3ZE '93 Cobra) and TMoss Ported H.O. intake, H.O. camshaft
2.5" Duals, no cats, Flowmaster 40s, Richmond 3.73s w/ Trac-Lok, maxed out Baumann shift kit, 3000 RPM Dirty Dog non-lock TC
Aside from the Mustang crinkle headers, still looks like it's only 150 HP...
1988 Black XR7 Trick Flow top end, Tremec 3550
1988 Black XR7 Procharger P600B intercooled, Edelbrock Performer non-RPM heads, GT40 intake AOD, 13 PSI @5000 RPM. 93 octane

Reply #13
I just remebered I know were there is a sorry looking capri hatch, with a 5.0 and bubble hatch.... Maybe I should look into it and swap the lincoln parts into it when the lincoln dies from rust....
RIP 1988 and 1990 Lincoln Mark VII LSC
I welcomed the dark side and currently am driving a 2000 Dodge Durango SLT plus, with a 5.9, Code named project "Night Runner"
Shes black on black, fully loaded, with headers, 180 tstat, e fan, straight exhaust into a cherry bomb vortex ler, full tune up, ported intake and T/B, MSD coil, and round aircleaner.
Mods to come: Fully rebuilt and heavily modded 46RE, and a richmond rachet locker.
my $300 beater ;)
R.I.P Kayleigh Raposa 12/18/90 - 2/24/07

Reply #14
Quote from: Chuck W;217307
You better not be getting rid of the bubble hatch.....

that is the first thing that will probably go....  dunno though...  it is kinda growing on me...:D

Zonda, thats not a burnout....  I will show you a real one when I pick it up, and take it to the track that night. Gotta make sure the guy isnt BSing me about the time it is capable of...:evilgrin: