Skip to main content
Topic: The Damage. (Read 2980 times) previous topic - next topic

The Damage.

ok well i finnaly got the pics up onto my so here is the as it sits now.
trick flow street heat intake , 24lbs injetors, ported GT-40's (Chip) long tube headers. and a Performance Automatic C4, with a hurst shifter!

Re: The Damage.

Reply #1
2 of the car i i have for now and looks like to be it's replacement (Sigh)
trick flow street heat intake , 24lbs injetors, ported GT-40's (Chip) long tube headers. and a Performance Automatic C4, with a hurst shifter!

Reply #2
Thats sad, sorry dude.... atleast its a 5.0 :dunno:
1980 birds X 3, 1982 bird, 1984 XR7, 1988 TC

Reply #3
Dont look like it hurt the front susps so it should be fixable.
Sad to see the car looks very clean

Reply #4
Im looking at your lines from what i can see.
The pass fender wall is bowed in. If it were down here in shade tree land, id install a very small tire on the pass side. run the pass side up next to a tree. run a come along cable through the wheel well and through one of the holes in the strut tower into the engine bay.
 next id put that cable in the engine bay in a bind by looping it around a strudy flat metal bar.
next id loop a chain around the tree and hook the comealong to that.  Place a 4x4 in betweent the center of the wheel and the tree and crank the come along till the wood block stays put.  Spindal dust cover will get abuse but so what.

time for a beer now...

go back out and crank on the cable and use your eyes and some long straight edges to pull that back out till it resembles the drivers side.  Its been my experience that you have to pull beyond the point where it looks correct because when you let up on the come along, the metal will flex a little back.

other than that,, i cant see the lower radiator frame piece part what ever its called.  The bumper cylinder my be stuck so you'll just have to pull that out with another vehicle. 

body parts, well it looks like you fender is in great shape so if your careful, you can shape it back but all your tools are gonna have to be paded and as well as your pounding surface.  this is where mom wonders where all the towels went.  Now your out a bumper/header pnl, Free grille from me but it kind of fuggered a little, free headlights from me but they suck and they are faded, the hood is your problem,,, thats beyond my capable maintenance for sure and i dont give in to easy.
doesnt look any worse then what a deer would do to you.

take a look see at that sway bar mounting braket shaped like a "U".  might have to reshape that.  Ill bet you the lower control arm did not miss a beat and if you want, see if the rubber bushings shifted at all down there.  if they did, find out why and its probably cause the strut tower is bowed.

Dont open the pass door till you insert some cardboard in between the fender and the door.  What ever paint you have now is what you want to keep. You have to open it to go thru the door hing and get at the fender bolt there.

Ive done this to my coug 3 times and now that i mention it, it occurs to me that i had a similar hit on the same side.  check out my cardomain site and tell me if you can tell.  My lower frame part just under the pass side radiator is still bent.  i left it alone cause i noticed its removeable if you drill out the tac welds.  I have corrosion there and its a hollow tube sort of.  oh well., maybe someday.

on the other hand, that would make me a nice car as is :brick:

Reply #5
:iagree:  :giggle:  I wouldnt give it up that easy, but anyone who has seen my car could tell ya that :dunno: That sux......

1987 cougar XR7 347 stroker FRP BOSS block 328rwhp 10.89 1/4mile @126mph ..so far..

2005 F150 5.4 vortec supercharged @15psi water methenol injected 450rwhp 14.0@98mph on 22's

Reply #6
The insurance company will total it unless you start showing them receipts and informing them that you want to keep it.
pro-five-oh

88 Cougar XR-7...5.0HO, T-56, and much more                             
85 Thunderbird 30th...#2471, 29k, all original and might actually stay that way

Reply #7
well the way i see it is that im gonna have a salvge title anyway so what do i care.

jcassity. the strut towers are not messed with just the area b4 them like 6 or so inches it's moved a few like 3 if i would guess. and the drivers side fender is bowed also so at least i would be needing a new clip. and also by the battery is bent.

as for the suspenion. 2 days b4 this i just got my new front springs in and my urithane controll arm bushings so thats why i think it isnt to bad bc the car was stifened up.  on the other hand that could be why i got into this bc the car was to stiff not allowing the car to stop properly. i guess and coming down hill. was just dooms day . and i just whent threw inspection that day. what a B ITCH!.

well if i dont get anything for this car i will take what most people want  and then sell it. i have so many extra parts down to the windows(tinted) and my extra Clears For inspection time.

Reply #8
OUCH! That's gotta hurt!

Reply #9
man! that sucks!

Reply #10
thatll buff right out
It's Gumby's fault.

Reply #11
Quote from: Tbird232ci
thatll buff right out

lmao  :giggle:

Reply #12
hey you know what i never thought about that.  and i thought they were gonna say so much to fix it  im justr gonna tell the adjuster that it's gonna buff out lol.

or some magiver way about it. just give me enough money for alot of gum and duck tape i'll fix it. and some mail polish rite. ive fixed worse with less lol.

Reply #13
to bad