Skip to main content
Topic: What is with this forum's over aggressive auto log off ?? (Read 1297 times) previous topic - next topic

What is with this forum's over aggressive auto log off ??

Is there a way to defeat this automatic log off this forum is cursed with?  Cant even post a reply without having to refresh the page.

Reply #1
Not sure what you mean. I'm always logged in. Only time I have to re-enter login info is after cleaning cookies from my browser.

John

Reply #2
Thanks for the response.  On forums other than this one, when I log in...the log in stays active until I actually log off, or power goes out due to storms, etc.. It also does it when Im not at home using the desktop, it does it on my cell, does it on the tablet even on wi-fi like at a hotel or restaraunt. I looked on the User CP to see if there was a setting I could change, didnt see anything.

Reply #3
Hrmmm....I checked your settings via the admin panel and found nothing out of the ordinary. Are your browsers all set to not accept cookies, or to not use Javascript? If so, that's your problem right there...

Reply #4
Hey Eric, thnx for the response. Java and cookies are okay, I'm actually all good on other sites besides this one but it was hard to put down much past a 2 line post or reply here without having to refresh or log in again. Using Firefox on phone and desktop. Safari on tablet.

Eta: Does seem like its better now, thank you if someone flipped some switches for me LOL !!