Skip to main content
Topic: 88 Thunderbird with 20k miles, asking $15K (Read 3792 times) previous topic - next topic

88 Thunderbird with 20k miles, asking $15K

Reply #15
Very clean body, interior......  V6 engine....  I was thinking maybe $5-6K realistically.  Base cars just don't have a value to me, and I think a lot of others..
Mike

Reply #16
Very base car but it has pw/pl/power mirrors/power driver seat/leather wrapped wheel/cornering lamps.

Was that an option package?

I always look at base cars, then look at mine (which has everything but a sunroof), and realize how much nicer these cars are optioned out.
88 Thunderbird LX: 306, Edelbrock Performer heads, Comp 266HR cam, Edelbrock Performer RPM intake, bunch of other stuff.

Reply #18
Quote from: EricCoolCats;463774
Cinnabar interior = teh hawtness. ;)

I can agree with this.

This car has been on ebay for a while. They wanted 16.5K before while I was looking. I laughed and just carried on.
It's Gumby's fault.

Reply #19
Hmm....

https://mohave.craigslist.org/cto/d/1986-ford-thunderbird/6367056648.html

That is all.
Quote from: jcassity
I honestly dont think you could exceed the cost of a new car buy installing new *stock* parts everywhere in your coug our tbird. Its just plain impossible. You could revamp the entire drivetrain/engine/suspenstion and still come out ahead.
Hooligans! 
1988 Crown Vic wagon. 120K California car. Wifes grocery getter. (junked)
1987 Ford Thunderbird LX. 5.0. s.o., sn-95 t-5 and an f-150 clutch. Driven daily and going strong.
1986 cougar.
lilsammywasapunkrocker@yahoo.com

Reply #20
That white one needs more pictures.
88 Thunderbird LX: 306, Edelbrock Performer heads, Comp 266HR cam, Edelbrock Performer RPM intake, bunch of other stuff.

Reply #21
I agree 100%
Quote from: jcassity
I honestly dont think you could exceed the cost of a new car buy installing new *stock* parts everywhere in your coug our tbird. Its just plain impossible. You could revamp the entire drivetrain/engine/suspenstion and still come out ahead.
Hooligans! 
1988 Crown Vic wagon. 120K California car. Wifes grocery getter. (junked)
1987 Ford Thunderbird LX. 5.0. s.o., sn-95 t-5 and an f-150 clutch. Driven daily and going strong.
1986 cougar.
lilsammywasapunkrocker@yahoo.com

Reply #22
My car is on it's 2nd motor, 3rd transmisison, has had at least 3 paint jobs over the years, and has just under 230K on it. I've never done anything with regards to the floor or k-member which are original to the car (other than washing and occasionally waxing). Mine look a shiznit ton better than that.....  Goes to show you just because you don't drive it, doesn't mean you can just forget about it and expect it to last.....
-- 05 Mustang GT-Whipplecharged !!
--87 5.0 Trick Flow Heads & Intake - Custom Cam - Many other goodies...3100Lbs...Low12's!

Reply #23
Quote from: thunderjet302;463820
That white one needs more pictures.
Naahhh, I've seen more than enough already...

OK, maybe, but since it's a 3.8 I can do without them...

Reply #24
Quote from: V8Demon;463825
My car is on it's 2nd motor, 3rd transmisison, has had at least 3 paint jobs over the years, and has just under 230K on it. I've never done anything with regards to the floor or k-member which are original to the car (other than washing and occasionally waxing). Mine look a shiznit ton better than that.....  Goes to show you just because you don't drive it, doesn't mean you can just forget about it and expect it to last.....

I've found that not driving a car is worse on it than driving it, especially if it's kept outside or in a cold, damp barn. Around here you can almost watch the rust form on unprotected metal. It literally takes a half hour or so for a freshly machined rotor to start turning orange. Without regular driving that rust becomes much worse. Even brand new cars suffer from "lot rot", where the brakes need replacing if the car has been in inventory more than a month or so
2015 Mustang GT Premium - 5.0, 6-speed, Guard Green - too much awesome for one car

1988 5.0 Thunderbird :birdsmily: SOLD SEPT 11 2010: TC front clip/hood ♣ Body & paint completed Oct 2007 ♣ 3.55 TC rear end and front brakes ♣ TC interior ♣ CHE rear control arms (adjustable lowers) ♣ 2001 Bullitt springs ♣ Energy suspension poly busings ♣ Kenne Brown subframe connectors ♣ CWE engine mounts ♣ Thundercat sequential turn signals ♣ Explorer overhead console (temp/compass display) ♣ 2.25" off-road dual exhaust ♣ T-5 transmission swap completed Jan 2009 ♣

Reply #25
Quote from: V8Demon;463825

Looks like it was parked in doors, but someplace with a damp floor or humid air.

My car has 138k and, even though it's from California, had some surface scale underneath from humidity in the air. But nothing like the car for sale.