Skip to main content
Topic: New Springs! (Read 879 times) previous topic - next topic

New Springs!

I finally got around to doing an upgrade on my bird, and it feels good.  (Too much time spent getting the engine to run right and too much time spent worrying about money). 

Found some Mustang GT springs on craigslist that were only $40 and were used for only 6000 miles.  Then my friend came up this weekend to borrow my garage and my help, so I borrowed his help when we finished.  The result?

Before:
X

After:
X

It looks good, it rides good, and it handles much, much better than it used to.  Granted, it's still stiff and jiggly because it badly needs new shocks (they're in the mail), but it was a huge improvement. 

The only thing I'm concerned about is how the front looks higher than the rear.  My friend swears that the springs will settle out over a few weeks and I won't have to worry about it, but a spacer could be easy to stick in under the rear springs.

New Springs!

Reply #1
Looks great!
'88 'bird, 10.9:1 306 w/TFS top end, forged rods/pistons, T-5 swap & bunch of other stuff, 1-family owned, had it since ‘98, 5.0tbrd88 on Instagram and YouTube