Skip to main content
Topic: bigger mass air housing (Read 729 times) previous topic - next topic

bigger mass air housing

What determines when to go with a bigger mass air housing? What determines what size to go with? I'm asking because I'm still using the stock fox mustang one. I have a stock bottom end, cleaned up e7 heads, cam with .483 intake lift and .498 exhaust lift, explorer intake with 65mm throttle body and egr spacer, and 19lb injector.
Our web page

02 Explorer XLT 4.0L
04 F150 FX4 Supercrew 5.4L
02 Saturn SL1 1.9L
09 Vstar 950 Tourer

bigger mass air housing

Reply #1
You're probably about ready for a upgrade... Just remember, you need a properly calibrated meter for the Stang EEC and the 19LB INJ , not just a larger unit picked at random(and I don't care how many times I hear it worked for me)...

bigger mass air housing

Reply #2
I knew that it needed to be calibrated for the injector size but not the EEC (learn something new everyday). What determines the size? Or does it not matter as long as its calibrated? I know a guy that has a c&l 73 or 76mm but its set up with the sampling tube for 30lb injectors to use the factory electronics. Would this work if I got the sampling tube for the 19lb injectors?
Our web page

02 Explorer XLT 4.0L
04 F150 FX4 Supercrew 5.4L
02 Saturn SL1 1.9L
09 Vstar 950 Tourer

bigger mass air housing

Reply #3
Just get the 19lb sample tube for the C&L meter if you can get the one from your friend cheap. You can use the upgrade, as can I, as I am still running the py stock one:hick:
88 Thunderbird LX: 306, Edelbrock Performer heads, Comp 266HR cam, Edelbrock Performer RPM intake, bunch of other stuff.