Skip to main content
Topic: mark forum read (Read 2116 times) previous topic - next topic

mark forum read

is their a way to distinguish which threads we have read and the new ones without memorizeing them?

mark forum read

Reply #1
scroll down to the bottom of the page and there are some symbols which show which are new and which are not aswell I think a blue arrow is shown in the title of unread posts but I'm not too sure of that one.

Now if we had a clock which showed the right time that could be helpfull ;)
1980 birds X 3, 1982 bird, 1984 XR7, 1988 TC

mark forum read

Reply #2
Quote from: tbirdscott

Now if we had a clock which showed the right time that could be helpfull ;)

The option to set the clock is in your user control panel. Click on "User CP", then on "Edit options" and scroll down. You'll find a thing there to set your time zone.

As for the "Mark forum read" thing, it's automatic. Unread forums and messages will have a yellow logo thing while read ones will be blue.
2015 Mustang GT Premium - 5.0, 6-speed, Guard Green - too much awesome for one car

1988 5.0 Thunderbird :birdsmily: SOLD SEPT 11 2010: TC front clip/hood ♣ Body & paint completed Oct 2007 ♣ 3.55 TC rear end and front brakes ♣ TC interior ♣ CHE rear control arms (adjustable lowers) ♣ 2001 Bullitt springs ♣ Energy suspension poly busings ♣ Kenne Brown subframe connectors ♣ CWE engine mounts ♣ Thundercat sequential turn signals ♣ Explorer overhead console (temp/compass display) ♣ 2.25" off-road dual exhaust ♣ T-5 transmission swap completed Jan 2009 ♣

mark forum read

Reply #3
Dang, you beat me while I was double-checking things!  :mad:

Usually unread messages should be an open envelope, and unread forums are a different color "bulletin" on the main screen.

To mark a forum as "read", just above the posting dates is "Forum Tools".
Click that for a drop-down list.

That's one of a few things ezboard did differently...

Left a forum alone until YOU decided to mark it read. Some sites automatically mark them read if you leave and come back at a later time.

Took you back to the topic list after replying to a post, rather than reviewing your post. Keeps you from backspacing and accidentally re-posting it a dozen times.

Took you back to the Main screen after marking a forum read, rather than only showing a list of sub-forums in the current "group".

Just a few things we'll get used to.
Death awaits you all with nasty, big, pointy teeth.

1988 5.0 Bird, mostly stock, partly not, now gone to T-Bird heaven.
1990 Volvo 740GL. 114 tire-shredding horsies, baby!

Re: mark forum read

Reply #4
wicked, thatnx guys. and thanx again for the new board

Re: mark forum read

Reply #5
Thanks thunder chicken!
1980 birds X 3, 1982 bird, 1984 XR7, 1988 TC