Skip to main content
Topic: Two Cats Update... (Read 5334 times) previous topic - next topic

Two Cats Update...

Reply #30
Martin, Good luck on your new House bid and your 2 Kitty's seem to be coming together at the right time for you also. Sweet :headbang:&    :cool:

Two Cats Update...

Reply #32
what? no pics?

Two Cats Update...

Reply #33
Quote from: 87thunderbirdBlackJack;216110
what? no pics?

Come to CatJam and see them in person. ;)

Two Cats Update...

Reply #34
i saw eliminator. she looks gooood.

Two Cats Update...

Reply #36
Quote from: yellow86coogr;216640
but, if you put up pics, we don't have to see you. :hick:

does seeing THEM imply you are bringing both cars?

That is the plan. My son will be driving Turbokitty up. :)

Two Cats Update...

Reply #37
Cool. Maybe we can caravan. I will most likely trailer the 88' up. I will never drive one of these cars past a couple hours again if I can help it. Just never know when something may act up.......again. I'm also getting VERY sick of putting money into em' just to have something else needing fixed.

Another long overdue update:

Reply #38
Things have been pretty hectic and stressful the past 5 months. My attemt to buy a house failed. Mostly because the loan officer at the bank my realtor recomended decided it was more imprortant to go to the beach than actually do her job.

My last plan to get Eliminator in for front end work went south when the mechanic decided to close up shop. Since then I have made several attempts to get her into other shops for the work but have yet to find a place that will do what I want without charging me more than a grand.

Even made a couple of attempts to do it myself with the help of friends but the mysterious became unreachable when it came time to actually do the work. (Thanks Claude)

This week I got a couple race car mechanics to do the work at their shop for the low-low price of $400. They got it all stripped down and halfway back together in just a couple nights of working on it.

Unfortunately they disappeared two days ago and I haven't heard from either of them since. The suspension is in place though the new ASB end links are not in, and the brake calipers are still not on it. Dissapointing would be a mild understatement. But I haven't paid them yet, so they're bound to come looking for money sooner or later.

If all else fails I can clamp of the brake hoses and limp it up to Firestone for the completion.

So what all is it it getting? New everything. Only parts I saved are the A-arms. Koni Rallysport springs. Koni Rallysport struts (adjustable) all new ball joints, steering rack. tie rod ends, Energy Suspension bushings and ASB end links, '88 TC spindles, and discs with new bearings, calipers, pads and braded hoses.

When it's all back together it should sit 1.5" lower in the front. It will also corner much better and stop quicker as well.

Next project (hopefully startin around the end of october) is a TC rear end, Che control arms, Koni shocks and springs and all new bushings and brakes.

For you pic ws; here's some shots from after the tear-down and where she stands now.

Two Cats Update...

Reply #39
HOLY shiznit!!!! This kitty is agile now!

Can't wait to get the rear suspension, brakes and SFC/jackingrails done. (next project)

Right now I'm considering buying a TC parts car that will supply me with a good 8.8 with 10" discs, as well as the pedal ass'y for my 5spd convo and maybe some interior parts.

Moving forward and loving it!

Two Cats Update...

Reply #40
Got Eliminator aligned yesterday then promptly took her for a 45mi. drive to a job interview. Enjoyed the drive. Got the job.

She doesn't ride quite as harsh as I expected, considering the front springs are 100 lb/in stiffer than stock. You can, however, tell the ass end is still up in the air.

Took a couple 30mph cloverleafs at a little over 50, very stable and almost no body roll. Brakes are considerably better as well but now the fronts are of course locking up well before the rear.

Before/After pics/

Two Cats Update...

Reply #41
It looks great,but it's time to get new wheels.The body kit looks really good on the car.I'm sure this has been asked,but,are those Stang pieces,and if so,how did you get them to fit?
'88 Sport--T-5,MGW shifter,Trick Flow R intake,Ed Curtis cam,Trick Flow heads,Scorpion rockers,75mm Accufab t-body,3G,mini starter,Taurus fan,BBK long tube headers,O/R H-Pipe, Flowamaster Super 44's, deep and deeper Cobra R wheels, Mass Air and 24's,8.8 with 3.73's,140 mph speedo,Mach 1 chin spoiler,SN-95 springs,CHE control arms,aluminum drive shaft and a lot more..

Two Cats Update...

Reply #42
White Ponies....

Looks good! I want to lower mine but god knows when that will happen
1986 Cougar LS

Two Cats Update...

Reply #43
Quote from: vinnietbird;239414
It looks great,but it's time to get new wheels.The body kit looks really good on the car.I'm sure this has been asked,but,are those Stang pieces,and if so,how did you get them to fit?

Not Stang pieces. That's the Stouffer GST kit, made for the '87-88 Cougars. It's fiberglass and the nose piece has some damage that will be repaired sometime soon. I was thinking of reinforcing it by making a splitter piece to  go under it out of 1/2" plywood, with anther layer inside the bottom lip. Then make some steel braces to go from the bottom lip to the frame. I'm a little worried now that another half inch down and an inch out will make driveways impossibly impassable. It's exactly 6" from the ground now and with the length of the overhang I had to be very careful about things like that even before I lowered it.

I mat have to settle for bonding a piece of 3/4" plywood inside the lip and barces from there.

The turbines will stay for now. Though I Am going to have the rears widened 2" and mount 295x50s on them. Down the road it will get a 5 lug conversion and some better wheels, prob'ly 17x9 all the way around and tires to match.