Skip to main content
Topic: Why is it so quiet in here? (Read 5812 times) previous topic - next topic

Why is it so quiet in here?

I think I saw a tumbleweed roll by, lol!! I remember the days when this site outgrew itself at one point; now its so quiet.

Reply #1
:(The bickering has ran many people off.

Reply #2
I guess I missed the bickering days. I've been gone awhile.

Reply #3
I also wondered if Facebook kinda killed the site?

Reply #4
This happens every year around this time. Spring fever hits, and more people are outside working on their cars, or busy. It'll pick up. It always does. We can do without the "bickering". It's always the same exact handful that do it. maybe this year it won't be so bad.
'88 Sport--T-5,MGW shifter,Trick Flow R intake,Ed Curtis cam,Trick Flow heads,Scorpion rockers,75mm Accufab t-body,3G,mini starter,Taurus fan,BBK long tube headers,O/R H-Pipe, Flowamaster Super 44's, deep and deeper Cobra R wheels, Mass Air and 24's,8.8 with 3.73's,140 mph speedo,Mach 1 chin spoiler,SN-95 springs,CHE control arms,aluminum drive shaft and a lot more..

Reply #5
truth is that many regulars keep in touch via PM's and Chat through FB also.....there are a few FB pages for our cars now too.

1983 FORD THUNDERBIRD HERITAGE 5.0
2008 SAAB 9-7X AERO 6.0 (LS2) 1 0f 554 Made
2011 FORD FLEX SEL Family Hauler

Reply #6
I see a lot of people on FB... chat and messages go to my phone... But all the good info is still here
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
***** Project "EVOLUTION" 1987 Cougar LS  & 1985 Cougar Convertible *****
[/COLOR]
5.0 HO 306 roller block, machined GT-40P heads, Wiseco dished forged pistons, Eagle forged floating I-beam connecting rods, Lunati pushrods, ARP bolts, Scorpion aluminum 1.6 rockers, Comp Cams Magnum 266HR, Explorer intake, 65mm TB, MAF Conversion, 19# injectors, Ford Racing stainless P-headers, 2-1/2" cat-less exhaust w/ Flowtech Afterburner lers , SC AOD with 2800 BDR torque converter, 3.73 T-Lok rear, CHE rear control arms, full 2-1/2" frame w/1" jacking rails & seat supports, Rear disk brakes, Turbine wheels, All original interior w/ floor shift upgrade .......
Pretty much every panel on my 87 is new, rebuilt, or re constructed. :D
Join us on Facebook

Reply #7
I also find it easier to upload to FB, then get my crazy projects uploaded here....
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
***** Project "EVOLUTION" 1987 Cougar LS  & 1985 Cougar Convertible *****
[/COLOR]
5.0 HO 306 roller block, machined GT-40P heads, Wiseco dished forged pistons, Eagle forged floating I-beam connecting rods, Lunati pushrods, ARP bolts, Scorpion aluminum 1.6 rockers, Comp Cams Magnum 266HR, Explorer intake, 65mm TB, MAF Conversion, 19# injectors, Ford Racing stainless P-headers, 2-1/2" cat-less exhaust w/ Flowtech Afterburner lers , SC AOD with 2800 BDR torque converter, 3.73 T-Lok rear, CHE rear control arms, full 2-1/2" frame w/1" jacking rails & seat supports, Rear disk brakes, Turbine wheels, All original interior w/ floor shift upgrade .......
Pretty much every panel on my 87 is new, rebuilt, or re constructed. :D
Join us on Facebook

Reply #8
Good reasons already listed but I suspect a lot of the decline is age of vehicles(find one ob C'list that doesn't look like  or needs a bunch of work), plus not too many kids want a grandpa car when they could have a fart canned Honda...

To prove the vehicle age observation, just look over on the Crown Vic board, 85% of the posts will be on the '98-'11(Whales), while the "Aeros"('92-'97) receive maybe 15%... The '79-'91 "Boxes" probably don't get .1% of the posts...

Reply #9
i actually thought about this a few times,
id come on the tech sections and not see any new posts of problems to solve ect.

then it hit me, we all are getting smarter on these cars so the old simple problems arent getting posted anymore.
its a good thing actually that most of us know our cars front to back.
we are a more tech savvy crew than before but i couldnt have come this far and still have the same passion for the coug's and birds without the help of everyone.

Reply #10
I think TurboCoupe50 nailed it on the head. When I received my Cougar in 1996, it was a decent first car for a new driver. While driving, I saw them on the road almost every day. Now, 17 years later, I'll go months without seeing a Cougar/Thunderbird. The ones I do see are ragged out daily drivers which are ready to be sped when an expensive enough repair pops up. The ThunderCat day is the only time I get to see nice examples anymore!

Reply #11
Yea, I agree that these cars just don't have a huge following anymore. Aside from that, just about everyone is out working on their cars this time of year. Trying to get shiznit done before the extreme heat hits, and it becomes a PITA to work on cars anywhere outside of an A/C'd garage. It should pick back up again in July-August.

Reply #12
well said sir......

Quote from: jcassity;414619
id come on the tech sections and not see any new posts of problems to solve ect.

then it hit me, we all are getting smarter on these cars so the old simple problems arent getting posted anymore.
we are a more tech savvy crew than before but i couldnt have come this far and still have the same passion for the coug's and birds without the help of everyone.

1983 FORD THUNDERBIRD HERITAGE 5.0
2008 SAAB 9-7X AERO 6.0 (LS2) 1 0f 554 Made
2011 FORD FLEX SEL Family Hauler

Reply #13
Quote from: TurboCoupe50;414617
Good reasons already listed but I suspect a lot of the decline is age of vehicles(find one ob C'list that doesn't look like  or needs a bunch of work), plus not too many kids want a grandpa car when they could have a fart canned Honda...

To prove the vehicle age observation, just look over on the Crown Vic board, 85% of the posts will be on the '98-'11(Whales), while the "Aeros"('92-'97) receive maybe 15%... The '79-'91 "Boxes" probably don't get .1% of the posts...

I was going to join grandmarq.net but I found this as well..would love some tidbits of info for my '87 Vic but there isn't much. If I have to forage for the info all on my own and find things out trial-by-fire, I guess so be it!
1987 20th Anniversary Cougar, 302 "5.0" GT-40 heads (F3ZE '93 Cobra) and TMoss Ported H.O. intake, H.O. camshaft
2.5" Duals, no cats, Flowmaster 40s, Richmond 3.73s w/ Trac-Lok, maxed out Baumann shift kit, 3000 RPM Dirty Dog non-lock TC
Aside from the Mustang crinkle headers, still looks like it's only 150 HP...
1988 Black XR7 Trick Flow top end, Tremec 3550
1988 Black XR7 Procharger P600B intercooled, Edelbrock Performer non-RPM heads, GT40 intake AOD, 13 PSI @5000 RPM. 93 octane

Reply #14
Quote from: TurboCoupe50;414617

Quote from: jcassity;414619

I think it's both of these things. Many of the 80-88 Thunderbirds and Cougars that were produced are sped. The remaining ones are either toys or beat up daily drivers. Most of the regular posters on here use their cars as a toy and not a daily driver. Since it's a toy they've long since figured out the problems/issues with it. The older a car gets the fewer there are around for people to purchase/discover. Only us crazies are left :hick:.
88 Thunderbird LX: 306, Edelbrock Performer heads, Comp 266HR cam, Edelbrock Performer RPM intake, bunch of other stuff.