Skip to main content
Topic: March 20th...T&T... (Read 2022 times) previous topic - next topic

March 20th...T&T...

Well, I finally got the bird out for a few runs on tuesday night...I ran a best of high 14.30's...I will have to scan my timeslip for the official top something.  I just snapped the crank about an hour ago on my way to my brother's house though...lol...I've included a link to a picture that I hope works...you can see my slicks wrinkling up...there was a rediculous 15-25mph headwind and a lot of cars were dragging water to the line....here's the link...

http://www.davemilcarek.com/032007/index_7.htm
Project 3G: Grandpa Grocery Getter-'85 Crown Vic LTD 2-door, 351W with heavily ported/polished GT40 heads, heavily ported/polished Typhoon Power Plus upper & lower intake, Comp Cams 265DEH retarded 1*, FAST EZ-EFI, HD T5, 8.8" 3.73 trac lock with extra clutches, 3G alt. swap, '99 CVPI front brakes, '09 CVPI rear disc brakes, '00 CVPI booster&m/c + wilwood adj prop valve.

Parted & Gone-'88 T-bird Sport, 351W swap, ported GT40 heads

March 20th...T&T...

Reply #1
Nice pic! Nice car! Nice ET! Too bad about the motor though :(

Post up that timeslip, your the first with a new best in 2007!

March 20th...T&T...

Reply #2
ahhh i want the lime green duster and whats in the rear wheel drive toyota? looks beastly. and good job on the time!! to bad on the motor though
RIP 1988 and 1990 Lincoln Mark VII LSC
I welcomed the dark side and currently am driving a 2000 Dodge Durango SLT plus, with a 5.9, Code named project "Night Runner"
Shes black on black, fully loaded, with headers, 180 tstat, e fan, straight exhaust into a cherry bomb vortex ler, full tune up, ported intake and T/B, MSD coil, and round aircleaner.
Mods to come: Fully rebuilt and heavily modded 46RE, and a richmond rachet locker.
my $300 beater ;)
R.I.P Kayleigh Raposa 12/18/90 - 2/24/07

March 20th...T&T...

Reply #3
Thanks for your sympathies...lol.  That RWD toyota thing was obscenely loud and obnoxious and pretty slow for all the noise it made.  My goal was to be as fast as Nate with an AOD and speed density...I think he ran high 14.20's or .30's with MAF conversion, GT-40 intake and a 5-speed on DR's...lol...from all the people I've talked to, they seem to agree that their cars ran at their best before the blew up...go figure.  I guess I did pretty good for a 300k mile motor that's been down the strip at least 50 times just from me.

I will be on the prowl for a GT-40P motor now...got a few leads on where I may be able to get one...one thing I know for sure now...it will have a bullet proof bottom end!
Project 3G: Grandpa Grocery Getter-'85 Crown Vic LTD 2-door, 351W with heavily ported/polished GT40 heads, heavily ported/polished Typhoon Power Plus upper & lower intake, Comp Cams 265DEH retarded 1*, FAST EZ-EFI, HD T5, 8.8" 3.73 trac lock with extra clutches, 3G alt. swap, '99 CVPI front brakes, '09 CVPI rear disc brakes, '00 CVPI booster&m/c + wilwood adj prop valve.

March 20th...T&T...

Reply #4
I like those rims you have on the car. It's what was on mine when I first got it. Easy to keep clean. That's a very cool shot with the tires wrinklin up like that....allot.

March 20th...T&T...

Reply #6
Next time I'm out at my bro's, I'll scan the slip...could be a week or two.  Put up or shut up, I know...lol.