Skip to main content
Topic: Got some things done one my newest bird today. (Read 807 times) previous topic - next topic

Got some things done one my newest bird today.

Yup got my quarter glass from HCOR  on here Yesterday. It rained most of the day and last night. I sat inside and sed all the old glue off. Then having some extra tint laying around I slapped some on the glass. Looks Great. Today was nice and sunny. Got outside check to see if my other job that I had lined up was home but they were not so time for the Bird window. I pulled the inside upper rear plastic and unbolted the window. Used and old painters tool to gently pry out what remained of the old window. I did notice that the metal trim that was missing from my replacement was coming off the old window might be able to reuse it but it is kinda tweaked at the moment. I sed off the old glue from the car. I used some 3m window weld for the new glue sealant. Pushed the new window into place and used a piece of ply wood to add some pressure while my son snugged down the 5 bolts on the inside.  I gave them just a lil bit more to be sure and wiped off any excess. Then I proceeded to tint the passenger side window. Didn't get any pics just yet as soon as I got done there was the land lady with her fix my truck job.

Thanks for reading
Stuckman
84 Turbo coupe 2.3T Modded with 88 upper and lower intake, 88 injectors, E6 manifold, T3-4 AR.60 turbo, 31X12X3 FMIC, Homemade MBC , Greddy knock off BPV.
4 eyes see better than 2! 
Da Bird!

FreeBird

Reply #1
Progress always feels good.  Every little bit counts. I feel like I'm stepping backwards right now, but I'll get over it. I did mange to swap the axle bearings, seals, and fluid today. That's something. Maybe brakes on the rear tomorrow.
'88 Sport--T-5,MGW shifter,Trick Flow R intake,Ed Curtis cam,Trick Flow heads,Scorpion rockers,75mm Accufab t-body,3G,mini starter,Taurus fan,BBK long tube headers,O/R H-Pipe, Flowamaster Super 44's, deep and deeper Cobra R wheels, Mass Air and 24's,8.8 with 3.73's,140 mph speedo,Mach 1 chin spoiler,SN-95 springs,CHE control arms,aluminum drive shaft and a lot more..

Reply #2
Didn't get much done on her today but did get the tint and shrunk to the back window. Gonna tackle that tomorrow if the weather is nice. I'm trying to get all my rides cleaned up and out front for some pictures. Man that is a lot of work. Oh well on with the to do list, it just goes on and on and on. Well as soon as I get the back window done and my 84 cleaned up and my newest addition to my family of Ford's

Thanks for reading.
Stuckman
84 Turbo coupe 2.3T Modded with 88 upper and lower intake, 88 injectors, E6 manifold, T3-4 AR.60 turbo, 31X12X3 FMIC, Homemade MBC , Greddy knock off BPV.
4 eyes see better than 2! 
Da Bird!

FreeBird