Skip to main content
Topic: Who has guns? (Read 25435 times) previous topic - next topic

Who has guns?

Reply #45
Since the last time I posted, I won a ridiculous mossberg "chainsaw" shotgun. It was a raffle item at a Friends of the NRA dinner. Pretty funny deal, pistol grip, and has a funny top end grip like a chainsaw so you hold it shooting from the hip. So dumb. But it has a nasty flash hider/door breacher on the end of the barrel. I'd hate to get bashed in the head with it.

Also, I had a Century built CZ VZ58 which is similar to an AK47. It was an old surplus rifle I bought for $350. Some guy in all this madness really wanted a 7.62 rifle, so I traded him my VZ58 for his NIB Core15 AR. $350 surplus rifle traded straight up for a $1200 rifle that is sold out everywhere. Sounds like a good trade to me.

Bought a Glock 19 that a dealer was clearing out $478 shipped for a 19 is a pretty good deal.

Also bought a Ruger 1911. I just like the look of stainless gun. Think it was $600 or so.

Ive got plenty of ammo stacked up, and Im getting a big kick out of people waiting in line at sporting good stores every morning at opening time dying to score 50 or 100 rounds.
87 Thunderbird LX
65mm tb, exploder intake, iron gt40 heads, 1.6 rr, a9l mass air swap, 9.5" Billet Dirty Dog TC, Built AOD, 4.10's, 31 spline TLoc, Superior Axles, full sn95 five lug swap.

Who has guns?

Reply #46
Love that shotty! Does the chainsaw grip move with the pump?
I'd like to snag a newer autoloader 12GA, but right now I need to find a good tac light for my "Q40" (Walther PPQ, in .40S&W)
'84 Mustang
'98 Explorer 5.0
'03 Focus, dropped a valve seat. yay. freakin' split port engines...
'06 Explorer EB 4.6

Who has guns?

Reply #47
I have seen and been around guns my whole life.  I never had the desire to own any.  I used to shoot in the Boy Scouts every summer and enjoyed it.  I have a Military family, my dad is a retired Army Col. and is decorated Nam war vet.  He owns no guns either.  My older brother is a Army Col. serving in Afghanistan currently and is a full time DEA agent, he owns his service weapon, and a back up pistol, but other than that owns no guns either. I have a younger brother in the midwest, and also gun free.  I am a strong supporter of the 2nd Amendment, and am not anti-gun at all, just that its interesting we are not a gun family given our background.  I can't afford another hobby right now anyway, and its a stretch just to be a car guy.  For all of you, keep on shooting........

1983 FORD THUNDERBIRD HERITAGE 5.0
2008 SAAB 9-7X AERO 6.0 (LS2) 1 0f 554 Made
2011 FORD FLEX SEL Family Hauler

Who has guns?

Reply #48
Very nice ! I just bought my 7 year old son his first 22 target rifle

Who has guns?

Reply #49
Quote from: ThunderbirdSport302;409613
Love that shotty! Does the chainsaw grip move with the pump?
I'd like to snag a newer autoloader 12GA, but right now I need to find a good tac light for my "Q40" (Walther PPQ, in .40S&W)

Yes, thats how you supposedly rack the slide. Its a terrible idea. Ill eventually just take it off. Sounds cool, but holding it and racking the slide is awkward at best.
87 Thunderbird LX
65mm tb, exploder intake, iron gt40 heads, 1.6 rr, a9l mass air swap, 9.5" Billet Dirty Dog TC, Built AOD, 4.10's, 31 spline TLoc, Superior Axles, full sn95 five lug swap.

Who has guns?

Reply #50
I have a Marlin .22 by grandpa bought me when I was probably 12 or 13 or so.  I also have a H&R single shot .223 for coyote hunting/varmit killing and just bought my 1st semi-auto pistol a Ruger SR1911 (its awesome).

Growing up my Dad only had guns (.22 bolt action and a couple .22 revolvers) around to use on the farm to shoot varmits and coyote's.  My maternal grandpa (who bought me my Marlin) was big into bird hunting and just outdoor/hunting in general.  He was the one that taught me gun safety, gun care, etc.
'88 'bird, 10.9:1 306 w/TFS top end, forged rods/pistons, T-5 swap & bunch of other stuff, 1-family owned, had it since ‘98, 5.0tbrd88 on Instagram and YouTube

Who has guns?

Reply #51
I found a .22WMR (.22 mag to you old timers). It needs a magazine (i found a place online, ordered 2).

It's a Westernfield M822, basically a Monkey Ward's version of the Mossberg 640K. (or is that 460K, apparently I just had a dyslexic moment)

I found 3 boxes of rounds for it today, and my dad bought another one for me. I also picked up a 100 count box of Remington/UMC .40 180gr JHP. I think I am still lacking in the projectiles department though.
'84 Mustang
'98 Explorer 5.0
'06 Explorer EB 4.6

Who has guns?

Reply #52
This is about the only time this one will be seen by the public:
X

X
Has 2 7 round mags, and a 6 round mag is inserted for CC. I'm now legal to carry concealed, and to that end I have a Tommy Theis IWB hybrid holster...that thing is so comfortable I can forget it's there. I also have an Uncle Mike's grip on the firearm, with a tiny edge cut off avoid interference with the mag. I also have a DPM recoil reduction guide rod and spring system in place...anyone that's shot a subcompact in the larger calibers will know what a buck the .40S&W has...with the DPM stuff in place...there's virtually no flip, just a straight back push. It's very easy to hold on target...and that trigger....there is nothing like it.
I've also modded the sights to get by until I can get some Mepro or Trijicon Tritium sights located and bought.

I've also got a very similar holster for the PPQ, and I can wear it concealed as well, although I need a vest or a loose sweater, as it's nearly a full size pistol.

The PPQ is such a hit with my wife too....I'm afraid I'll end up having to buy her one of the brand new models that's actually sold here by Walther instead of the older style that were imported by S&W. The only gripe I have about the PPQ M2 is the button mag release (sell outs!) and the incompatibility of those mags with the original "Classic" style such as the one I own.

The only other thing I don't like is that these aren't available in .45ACP or .357SIG. To me, that's a ed shame. Anyway...show and tell is over for now. :D

My view of things:
X
'84 Mustang
'98 Explorer 5.0
'06 Explorer EB 4.6

Who has guns?

Reply #53
Quote from: ThunderbirdSport302;411281
.show and tell is over for now. :D

I think you said a mouthfull,,

nice gear you have there~!

Who has guns?

Reply #54
Thanks! I'm pretty proud of it....it's reliable to a T...the only failure I have had was when I (deliberately) limp-wristed it...of course it then gave me a FTE...I mostly use the Winchester white box 180grain hollow point stuff, but have ran several boxes of the Winchester fmj just for target and practice shooting. I was carrying some Glaser Pow'rBall self defense ammo...but during some backyard tests, I found that over half didn't expand.
'84 Mustang
'98 Explorer 5.0
'06 Explorer EB 4.6

Who has guns?

Reply #55
Here is my modest collection.  12gauge 870 express synthetic 18" barrel scattergun technologies +1 extension(bring it to 7+1), remington 700 adl .270WIN, Taurus pt-145(bottom left, actually sold it about a month ago), and Taurus 24/7 G2 9mm SS(planning on selling and buying a glock).

I'm looking to buy a Colt le6920 or 6940, ak variant, a cetme, fal, or m14 variant, or all of the above.

Selling the 24/7 G2 because right out of the box it had issues, took to trips to miami to finally fix the light primer strikes.  Then two weeks ago I bought a magazine to add to the two factory ones so I could actually use my double mag holder while open/concealed carrying... thing got stuck.  Wouldn't eject, customer service said back order was 6-8 weeks and that exchanging to retailer would be faster.  Exchanged it, same thing, returned magazine.

Also I have found the compact guns are too  small to shoot worth a .  Right holster can conceal a full size easily enough, so screw it.

Who has guns?

Reply #56
I carry a kel-tec pf9 every place I, go its small enough to fit in my pocket so I'm never tempted to leave it at home.

Who has guns?

Reply #57
rossi 357mag, kimber 45 acp, 12 gauge remington 870, 20 gauge mossburge 500, thats just what we keep here in the office

Who has guns?

Reply #58
I'm still carrying my Walthers, though I've went from .40 t0 9mm, although in the same "package". That's a PPS for cc duty, the PPQ with an extended mag and light for nightstand work, and of course a 12GA Mossy with slugs for people who don't understand "Get the shag out" in any other language...

I've got a few more, but the ones above are the ones I grab first when bad shiznit starts. As I type this, my PPQ Classic is by my side. I'd like to branch out to some SIG stuff, I've been wanting to get a '226 ever since I shot one a few months ago...excellent firearm. The HK VP9 is excellent too, and I'll likely get the SK (compact) of it, unless Walther announces a PPQ compact this fall at SHOT show.
'84 Mustang
'98 Explorer 5.0
'06 Explorer EB 4.6

Who has guns?

Reply #59
I've been carrying a P225 for about a decade now, it's bigger than your Walthers by quite a bit though. During my hiatus from working on cars I got interested in building firearms, have done a few rewelds now with another on the bench waiting for some lathe time to neuter the bolts naughty bits before building it up.