Skip to main content
Topic: Little orange nipple thing in the fuel pump hanger... (Read 1146 times) previous topic - next topic

Little orange nipple thing in the fuel pump hanger...

I was looking at my fuel pump and hanger today, and the little orange nipple thingy is torn almost all the way across. Will it cause any issues until I change it?
'88 Sport--T-5,MGW shifter,Trick Flow R intake,Ed Curtis cam,Trick Flow heads,Scorpion rockers,75mm Accufab t-body,3G,mini starter,Taurus fan,BBK long tube headers,O/R H-Pipe, Flowamaster Super 44's, deep and deeper Cobra R wheels, Mass Air and 24's,8.8 with 3.73's,140 mph speedo,Mach 1 chin spoiler,SN-95 springs,CHE control arms,aluminum drive shaft and a lot more..

Reply #1
As far as I know its only for the return. I wouldn't think it would cause any issue at all.

Reply #3
I think its purpose is to restrict flow to prevent fuel from being mixed up by fast return.(was going to say foaming but gas doesn't do that)
88 Turbocoupe: Coast High Performance 331 kit 28oz balance, Comp XE264HR14 cam, 58cc 185 afr heads, 1.7 roller rockers, Mass-Flo EFI (was POS to setup and their techline is a joke at best)
Full 1 5/8 primary equal length headers, 2 1/2 exhaust, Full manual reverse VB c4 and baked off clear coat "BECAUSE RACECAR"

Reply #4
Graham said he had one for me, and it may not be necessary, but I'd like one there just in case.
'88 Sport--T-5,MGW shifter,Trick Flow R intake,Ed Curtis cam,Trick Flow heads,Scorpion rockers,75mm Accufab t-body,3G,mini starter,Taurus fan,BBK long tube headers,O/R H-Pipe, Flowamaster Super 44's, deep and deeper Cobra R wheels, Mass Air and 24's,8.8 with 3.73's,140 mph speedo,Mach 1 chin spoiler,SN-95 springs,CHE control arms,aluminum drive shaft and a lot more..

Reply #5
Thanks for the replys.

Reply #6
makes sense to me to have it installed, after all what happens when  you hook a dc motor up backwards...?
its a simple solution to a potential problem, its a one way check valve.  Under normal cirspoogestances though, i would say a person "could" get away with not having it.