Skip to main content
Topic: Interchangeable Differential specs (Read 893 times) previous topic - next topic

Interchangeable Differential specs

so, during a long and boring night at work, i decided to go snooping around the interwebs to see what i could find out about some previously loved diffs. I hoped that maybe, just maybe i could grab one out of another ford, considering they where all made with the same parts...and im a little too poor to spend like $300 on a new set of gears and another $300 on a new trac-lok. after a surprisingly short foray, i found this gem. seems somebody likes their ranger so much that they wanted to list all of the available stock rear ends in a hand picked bunch of fords in our era.

scroll about half way down...they list the door/diff cover codes, weather its an open or L/S, sizes, although i think the 9" is not represented, the capacities and a whole whack of ratios, everything from 3.08 to 4.56

thought you all might enjoy:
Ranger Axles
1974 Cougar XR7, 351 C, stock. white leather.
1983 Coug' LS-XR7-1/ A/c Delete, Edlebrock Intake, Holley 600 4bbl, Custom Badging, True dual Glasspacks
1989 Pontiac Bonneville SSE, 3.8L bone stock winter beater, in Gold

Reply #1
The reason you're not seeing a 9" in there is because Ford never put 'em in the Ranger trucks...:shakeass:
'84 Mustang
'98 Explorer 5.0
'03 Focus, dropped a valve seat. yay. freakin' split port engines...
'06 Explorer EB 4.6

Reply #2
The ranger station offers a wealth of information, especially if you own an RBV.  I don't think there is a mustang site out there that provides even close the amount of tech that the ranger station does.  Every junkyard trip involving ford axles is always started with information from the ranger station.
One 88