Skip to main content
Topic: 86 t bird 5.0L (Read 1247 times) previous topic - next topic

86 t bird 5.0L

hey guys, i just got a 86 t bird with a 5.0 in it off of one of my dads co workers for a daily driver. ive been searching around but cant find much- is there anywhere that makes parts for these things? (exhaust, mild bolt ons). i know i can use some mustang bolt ons- but what about exhaust and what not? i thought it was hard finding parts for my buick  any help or advice with it would be apreciated!

86 t bird 5.0L

Reply #1
you can use mustang stuff, just have to lenghthen it here and there. what kind of stuff are you looking for?  oh yeah, welcome to the board. i also have an 86 5.0
86 thunderbird elan

86 mustang coupe

86 t bird 5.0L

Reply #2
Check out coolcats.net and look under the tech section. It will go into alot more specifics.
Quote from: jcassity
I honestly dont think you could exceed the cost of a new car buy installing new *stock* parts everywhere in your coug our tbird. Its just plain impossible. You could revamp the entire drivetrain/engine/suspenstion and still come out ahead.
Hooligans! 
1988 Crown Vic wagon. 120K California car. Wifes grocery getter. (junked)
1987 Ford Thunderbird LX. 5.0. s.o., sn-95 t-5 and an f-150 clutch. Driven daily and going strong.
1986 cougar.
lilsammywasapunkrocker@yahoo.com

86 t bird 5.0L

Reply #3
hey guys thanks for the help. right now im looking to just throw some decent looking rims on it, a nice exhaust, and just a couple small bolt ons. whats the best bang for the buck? im predominantly a turbo buick guy. im using it for my daily driver untill august when i buy a duramax truck to pull my GN to the track- then maybe ill beable to play alot with it and see what i can squeeze out of it.