Skip to main content
Topic: Fuel line fittings (Read 1422 times) previous topic - next topic

Fuel line fittings

I want to run news lines from my in tank fuel pump to engine bay skipping frame mount pump, what are the right fittings so I can hook up new fuel hose to the pump, pressure side and return side?

Fuel line fittings

Reply #1
And what size hose should I run?

Fuel line fittings

Reply #2
Off your tank? Is this a 83?
Old Grey Cat to this.88 Cat, 5.0 HO, CW mounts, mass air, CI custom cam, afr165's, Tmoss worked cobra intake, BBK shorty's,off road h pipe, magnaflow ex. T-5,spec stage 2 clutch, 8.8 373 TC trac loc, che ajustables with bullits on the rear. 11" brakes up front. +

Fuel line fittings

Reply #3
Yes it is a 83 (V8 car), I am wanting to run one pump from tank for a carb motor.

Fuel line fittings

Reply #4
your cam should be provisioned for the manual fuel pump.
the issue is getting the opening on the timing cover driver side opened up.
if you could then you have the mounting holes already in place to accept a manual pump.

even the 3.8L motors had this provision, it was just full of aluminum casting...about 1/16'' thick.

just pick a line the same ID as your OEM,, i think its 5/16'' or 1/4''.  Had to repair my sons plastic lines a while back with barbed splices and i think 1/4'' ID was hell to put on but we got it.

Fuel line fittings

Reply #5
woops, fittings.........humm.
im not really sure what they are called , the oem ones that is.

at the pump there you have the quick clip slip on types.

if you cut away the line off the fitting you'll see its a barbed plastic fitting so you should be able to add your new line on that with a clamp, especially now since your running much lower psi demand.

Fuel line fittings

Reply #6
Look at russell fittings they make all ford oem adapters to go to an an style line and fitting. Very nice setup

Fuel line fittings

Reply #7
On summit or jegs

Fuel line fittings

Reply #8
DON'T use the in tank pump only!
I've done the CFI to carb conversion on my 84. I tried one pump only to find it insufficient .....it only puts out about 2-3 PSI. It is used as a "lift pump"to supply the frame mounted pump. I use both pumps with a Mallory 4309 regulator and it works perfect.
84 COUGAR/90 HO, 1.7RRs, performer RPM,700DP, equal length shorties, stainless EXH ,T-5,Hurst pro-billet, KC clutch, 8.8/ 4.10s, line-lok, bla ,bla, bla.
71 COMET/289,351w heads, 12.5 TRWs, 750DP, Liberty TL, 9"/6.00s, 11.9x @112 , bla,bla,bla.

Never shoot your mouth off, unless your brain is loaded! ....I may get older, but I'll never grow up!....If you're not laughing, you're not living!  :laughing:

Fuel line fittings

Reply #9
Or use the stock setup with the return and both pumps and adjust the return so the carb gets app 6-8 LBS. I have dun many an old caddy which i swapped from EFI to Carb. Just another idea to think about.
I spend money I don't have, To build  cars I don't need, To impress people I don't know

HAVE YOU DRIVEN A FORD LATELY!!

Fuel line fittings

Reply #10
Quote from: TOM Renzo;406338
Or use the stock setup with the return and both pumps and adjust the return so the carb gets app 6-8 LBS. I have dun many an old caddy which i swapped from EFI to Carb. Just another idea to think about.
  ....hey...that's what i said!  LOL
84 COUGAR/90 HO, 1.7RRs, performer RPM,700DP, equal length shorties, stainless EXH ,T-5,Hurst pro-billet, KC clutch, 8.8/ 4.10s, line-lok, bla ,bla, bla.
71 COMET/289,351w heads, 12.5 TRWs, 750DP, Liberty TL, 9"/6.00s, 11.9x @112 , bla,bla,bla.

Never shoot your mouth off, unless your brain is loaded! ....I may get older, but I'll never grow up!....If you're not laughing, you're not living!  :laughing:

Fuel line fittings

Reply #11
Yes you did. But i do not use a regulatory which is perfectly fine. I use a restriction instead. Well a regulator is a restriction. OK either way we both have the same idea!!
I spend money I don't have, To build  cars I don't need, To impress people I don't know

HAVE YOU DRIVEN A FORD LATELY!!