Skip to main content
Topic: 87 turbo coupe fuel tank/stall problem? (Read 779 times) previous topic - next topic

87 turbo coupe fuel tank/stall problem?

ok im new here and to the 2.3t seen.i've owned a few 5.0s but now have a 87 turbo coupe all original drives great.except one little thing.well not to sound young and dumb but when i pitch it sideways it tends to die and will not start for about five minutes or more.then fires up idles a little ruff goes back to normal.any info or experiance will be greatly appreciated.thanks in advanced.

no ones had this problem?

Reply #1
no ones had this problem.i have another tank.255lph pump.only difference is my old ones metal on the inside new ones plastic.couldn't see anything wrng with old tank.nothing loose.any help will be appreciated.thanks

Reply #2
How much gas is in the tank when this happens?
88 Thunderbird LX: 306, Edelbrock Performer heads, Comp 266HR cam, Edelbrock Performer RPM intake, bunch of other stuff.

Reply #3
anywhere from a quater to half tank.havn't put a full tank in it yet.thanks for responding.

Reply #4
Going out on a limb, check your vam, I didn't have mine mounted solidly and the door would spazz out. Your spring may be weak in it or something

Again just crazy guess, but something easy to check.
88 Turbocoupe: Coast High Performance 331 kit 28oz balance, Comp XE264HR14 cam, 58cc 185 afr heads, 1.7 roller rockers, Mass-Flo EFI (was POS to setup and their techline is a joke at best)
Full 1 5/8 primary equal length headers, 2 1/2 exhaust, Full manual reverse VB c4 and baked off clear coat "BECAUSE RACECAR"

Reply #5
You
I spend money I don't have, To build  cars I don't need, To impress people I don't know

HAVE YOU DRIVEN A FORD LATELY!!