Skip to main content
Topic: 86 TC R314 filling port dilemma!!! (Read 1236 times) previous topic - next topic

86 TC R314 filling port dilemma!!!

Guys, I'm totally not understanding this! I'm being told that when I refill the A/C that I fill the low side port, which from my pics provided is port B. The refill device that I got from Autozoo will only fit the port A hose. Does this mean that port A is the correct refill port or does it mean that I need to find a auto parts store that sells either a smaller port for port B, OR a different refill tool?

Port a is the one against passenger shock tower
Port b is the one nearest the A/C compressor
[/IMG]
Motorsport FMIC, Boport 1.5, Boblee header, gutted upper, profiled lower, phenolic spacer, Accufab fpr, LA3, Boport stage 3 big valve head, 57 trim/stage III Perfromance Techniques custom turbo, stinger 3" DP and custom 3"exhaust, AEM wideband, custom aluminum carnk pulley, Merkur custom A/C setup, PA performance high output 3G alt, dual oil catcj cans, Motorsport Valve cover,full Motorcraft tune up kit, 22psi of LOCO!!

Reply #2
The one that it fits is the correct one.  I just recharged a 98 Explorer with R134, and I could have sworn it was the port next to the compressor, but it's not. Plus it wouldn't fit. Therefore, use the other one. Good call Trinom!
1983 Tbird with '03 Split Port V6 motor swap done! Headers, dual exhaust, 500CFM Edelbrock, 3G upgrade, Electric fan. 3.73 Gears and an FRPP Limited Slip. Five lug complete! 5-Speed conversion complete! Standalone Fuel Injection in progress...

Reply #3
Wow, you guys have to deal with weird placements of things like that? I like (for the most part) the placement of almost everything on the 5.0.

Yes, only one will fit. The two fittings are different for this exact reason.

Nice siren placement ;)
1988 Thunderbird Sport

Reply #4
Ok.Heres what I found out. The port I need to fill is the low side port. It is usually the one closest to the passnger side shock tower and is the larger of the two lines. From my picture that would mean its port A.

I found the 90* adapter for the low side at Nappa for less than $6 . Part number is 409909 or 59981. It is brass and has a blue cap with a L on it(Low side). First box they pulled had a red cap and an H. It was the right box with the wrong part inside. Make sure you check contents before you leave.

Seek, the car came with that siren, not my doing. LOL!! I will say this... The horn in a 86 TC is wimpy sounding. Anyone suggest a nice horn that has Balls that I Can gind in the Junk Yard?
Motorsport FMIC, Boport 1.5, Boblee header, gutted upper, profiled lower, phenolic spacer, Accufab fpr, LA3, Boport stage 3 big valve head, 57 trim/stage III Perfromance Techniques custom turbo, stinger 3" DP and custom 3"exhaust, AEM wideband, custom aluminum carnk pulley, Merkur custom A/C setup, PA performance high output 3G alt, dual oil catcj cans, Motorsport Valve cover,full Motorcraft tune up kit, 22psi of LOCO!!

Reply #5
My dads 91 e-250 with a 460 is loud as anything and hooks up the same as the stock horns.
Quote from: jcassity
I honestly dont think you could exceed the cost of a new car buy installing new *stock* parts everywhere in your coug our tbird. Its just plain impossible. You could revamp the entire drivetrain/engine/suspenstion and still come out ahead.
Hooligans! 
1988 Crown Vic wagon. 120K California car. Wifes grocery getter. (junked)
1987 Ford Thunderbird LX. 5.0. s.o., sn-95 t-5 and an f-150 clutch. Driven daily and going strong.
1986 cougar.
lilsammywasapunkrocker@yahoo.com