Skip to main content
Topic: A/c clutch removal (Read 1759 times) previous topic - next topic

A/c clutch removal

so my clutch on the old compressor looks like is gonna fall off or fly off when engaged . so how do i go about changing it. i have an Extra compressor. so i'll try the removal of that clutch first .

5.0 car  (mustang if it matters.)

Erik
trick flow street heat intake , 24lbs injetors, ported GT-40's (Chip) long tube headers. and a Performance Automatic C4, with a hurst shifter!

Re: A/c clutch removal

Reply #1
Remove the bolt in the front of the pulley, should just slide off. Mine did, but you may need a puller.

Also there are a small washer or two under the bolt, don't loose them very important.. Sets the air gap on the cutch assembly, should be about .015...

Reply #2
cool  the one i have must be rusted on . thanks.

btw cool sig pic.
trick flow street heat intake , 24lbs injetors, ported GT-40's (Chip) long tube headers. and a Performance Automatic C4, with a hurst shifter!

Reply #3
I had to use a puller to get mine off.  I used one for a Frigidaire A-6 because that's what I already had on hand.  The threads didn't fit exactly, but it worked.

Reply #4
it came off after soaking a day or two with some wd40 sprayed on it . still havnt changed it though.