Skip to main content
Topic: Window Channel Run Weather strip (Read 916 times) previous topic - next topic

Window Channel Run Weather strip

I call upon the great wisdom of the board...... please enlighten me.

I found a fella that has a pair of Channel Weather Strips for the windows.  He has an 87 tbird.... I have an 85.  Is this a good donor for me?

Thanks in advance.  I am ever thankful for your knowledge.
===85BIRD===
:birdsmily:

Reply #2
Are they removed the same way as the '88? If so,I can get some next week,maybe Saturday.
'88 Sport--T-5,MGW shifter,Trick Flow R intake,Ed Curtis cam,Trick Flow heads,Scorpion rockers,75mm Accufab t-body,3G,mini starter,Taurus fan,BBK long tube headers,O/R H-Pipe, Flowamaster Super 44's, deep and deeper Cobra R wheels, Mass Air and 24's,8.8 with 3.73's,140 mph speedo,Mach 1 chin spoiler,SN-95 springs,CHE control arms,aluminum drive shaft and a lot more..

Reply #3
They come out the same way, Vinnie.

The biggest difference is in the corners. On the 1987-88 doors the glass is more rounded in the top corner; the older cars don't have as much as a radius. As a result, the channel run is seamed differently in the corners. I am not positive but I do remember the widths being different as well. Everything changed with the flush glass design in 1987, unfortunately.

Reply #4
Hello I read your question.And I have found online a company that
maybe able to help you. their web site is. http://www.restorationspecialties.com  I hope this helps you.

Reply #5
a swing and a miss on the window channel weatherstripping.... and the sun roof weatherstripping.  But they do have the inner and outter rubber for the doors.  4 pieces (two each side) $200.

FYI
===85BIRD===
:birdsmily: