Skip to main content
Topic: True Duals On 84 Cougar?? (Read 1058 times) previous topic - next topic

True Duals On 84 Cougar??

I have a 84 cougar with the 5.0 and i was looking under to fir true duals but my fuel filter and lines run where the pass. side ler would be?? how do i run the duals?
:burnout:  GET SOME!!!!!  :burnout:

Reply #1
That's actually your electric fuel pump.  The 5.0 cars have one in the tank and a second one on the frame rail.  I moved mine from where the passenger side ler goes to the area on the undercarriage under the differential.  It's been there for thirteen years with no issues.  You'll need new a new length of high pressure fuel line to move it to its new location.

Reply #3
Alright! sweet thanks! lol right now my exaust is just dumping outta the Y pipe! it has a very loud rumbly buz because of the lip on it! haha
:burnout:  GET SOME!!!!!  :burnout:

Reply #4
Quote from: ivygreen;221213
That's actually your electric fuel pump.  The 5.0 cars have one in the tank and a second one on the frame rail.  I moved mine from where the passenger side ler goes to the area on the undercarriage under the differential.  It's been there for thirteen years with no issues.  You'll need new a new length of high pressure fuel line to move it to its new location.

not 100% did, this happens to be a on going debate with the 83-84 cars. 

as for the duals, there are a ton of duals setup and lots of photos as well.  That would be easier then anything , just use the search and see what you hit.  I remember several pics here that show duals.