Skip to main content
Topic: Lock/Unlock Switch Malfunction (Read 4710 times) previous topic - next topic

Lock/Unlock Switch Malfunction

Reply #15
Quote from: Bob;216317
thanks for posting that my locks in my xr-7 don't work either. One for my huge list of things to fix..

as of yesterday, I am down to one thing on my list.  Replace the radio bulb so i can see the channel.

I had a huge list and since sept, im down to this last one.

Yesterday i replaced cluster bulbs and found a harness not connected. Looks like thats been opened before as well. Now when i hit trip set/reset to use the "speed" function or clear a service light, i hear the tone.  I guess thats what the little connector did.

day before yesterday, i added a three position dc power outlet.  I took the new outlet apart and rewired it with larger wire due to my getting power from the engine bay instead of off the fuse box.  I used 8awg flex.

Lock/Unlock Switch Malfunction

Reply #16
My list just seems to keep pilling on. Oh well. I tell you to take a close look at the door lock switches. I have seen in many cases where the plastic parts that make of the frame of the switch cracks and fails causing the switches not  to work right. Hope you get it worked out. Still gotta figure this one out my self. One my car if I unplug the drives side switch everything works fine. The switch seems fine but it is how old. Plug it in and they get all wacky. So it is unplugged for now. I have some other switches but they are from 85-88. I had to mod one for the passenger side about 3yrs ago. It still works great.
84 Turbo coupe 2.3T Modded with 88 upper and lower intake, 88 injectors, E6 manifold, T3-4 AR.60 turbo, 31X12X3 FMIC, Homemade MBC , Greddy knock off BPV.
4 eyes see better than 2! 
Da Bird!

FreeBird