Skip to main content
Topic: spare question..... (Read 3052 times) previous topic - next topic

spare question.....

Could anyone tell me what Ford car this spare is off?  It is 16x4.5, made in '86. pt. #E65C-1007-BA. Has a gunmetal metallic finish, 5x4.5 bolt circle. :dunno:  It will work great for my new spare, on my 5 lug conversion. :ies:  Thanks, Herb
95 Ranger Splash 2.3
88 Tbird Sport :ies::ies:
5.0 SO, stainless shorty headers, w/ Magnaflow lers. KYB struts, KYB shocks. 5lug conversion from sn95 Mustang, subframe connectors, drilled and slotted rotors, 03 Mach 1 wheels. sequential taillights.140 speedo

Re: spare question.....

Reply #1
If that number is indeed a part number and not an engineering number then it indicates  a continental part

Reply #2
Thanks :ies: , I just thought it look pretty cool for a spare. It appears to be cast aluminum, like the turbines.
95 Ranger Splash 2.3
5.0 SO, stainless shorty headers, w/ Magnaflow lers. KYB struts, KYB shocks. 5lug conversion from sn95 Mustang, subframe connectors, drilled and slotted rotors, 03 Mach 1 wheels. sequential taillights.140 speedo

Reply #3
I believe it's a newer grand marquis, crown vis spare.

Reply #4
Crown Vic would be my guess also.... Newer body style Vic though...like 02' or so.
88 TC, Lots of Mods.

Reply #5
Well, there is nothing newer than about '97 in the yard where I got this. :dunno:  I was thinking probably an older Continental, like mjbtbrd said, the early Continentals had some very cool parts, '82-'86. They even had tubular a-arms, like the SVO Mustang.  :)  :dunno:
95 Ranger Splash 2.3

Reply #6
The SVO's had Tubular A arms?  I know they share the same k member and a arms with the Mark VII.  Does the mark have tubular arms?  I'm gona have to check this out the next time I'm at the J-yard.
One 88

Reply #7
The early, 82-84 Continentals shared the same suspension as the SVO, not the Mark. Then when the Mark came outin 84, the Conti switched to that suspension. :grinno:
95 Ranger Splash 2.3

Reply #8
hvae fun finding an SVO at the junkyard, theyre sometimes hard enough to find on the road
It's Gumby's fault.

Reply #9
yeah I've never seen one around here.  On one of the SVO sites I visited once the guy had pics of junked SVO's.  It was like looking at peices of gold sitting in dirt.  If I found one at a yard, I would strip it of every last peice that was SVO exclusive.  But anyway... did they have tubular arms?
One 88

Reply #10
Here's a pic of the Continental control arms, they have bolt on spring perches and are very heavy. :grinno: The biggest problem besides the weight, is they take very expensive bushing.
95 Ranger Splash 2.3

Reply #11
they also use a different k-member and the ball joint is not replaceable. trust me, i know. :brick:
So you have a V8.......isn't that cute.

Reply #12
hmm, intresting
One 88