Skip to main content
Topic: Mac equal length shorties (Read 905 times) previous topic - next topic

Mac equal length shorties

I scored a set of free Mac equal length shorties in chrome from a freind yesterday. Will the factory " peices" between the manifold and the factory Y pipe fit these? Or whould I look for an H pipe too. And do equal length need a differt H then same length? As of now these are going on the Fila once I get her a new starter and get it running correctly again. I'm thinking Mac's, Summit H pipe with no cats later down the road, then purple hornie glasspacks to dumps right under the bumper. But the key to all this is the H pipe I don't have. I'm going to *try* to get the Y to work alittle longer till I can get the money. Will this work?

Reply #1
If they are Stang headers,the factory or aftermarket H/X-pipes will bolt up to them.No worries.There are aftermarket and factory H/X-Pipes all over E-Bay for a reasonable price.My Pypes off-road X-Pipe was $126.00.I think they may have went up $20.00 since last summer,though.Check around the Coral forums.Once you install it,you'll be glad you did.The Y pipe will really not be worth modifying.Stick with the factory setup until you have the parts to do the job right the first time.It's actually cheaper in the long run that way.Modifying,trying to adapt this and that temporarily,etc. can really nickel and dime your budget down to nothing without a lot to show for it.Those headers are going to really be fun to bolt on.Get a good set of header bolts for the job.Keep us posted.
'88 Sport--T-5,MGW shifter,Trick Flow R intake,Ed Curtis cam,Trick Flow heads,Scorpion rockers,75mm Accufab t-body,3G,mini starter,Taurus fan,BBK long tube headers,O/R H-Pipe, Flowamaster Super 44's, deep and deeper Cobra R wheels, Mass Air and 24's,8.8 with 3.73's,140 mph speedo,Mach 1 chin spoiler,SN-95 springs,CHE control arms,aluminum drive shaft and a lot more..

Reply #2
Like vinnie said goin to be fun to hook up.No  on them.
Makes it hard to line them up.If you want them H pipes you can have them for 50 shipped.Might as well make it all mac.
Old Grey Cat to this.88 Cat, 5.0 HO, CW mounts, mass air, CI custom cam, afr165's, Tmoss worked cobra intake, BBK shorty's,off road h pipe, magnaflow ex. T-5,spec stage 2 clutch, 8.8 373 TC trac loc, che ajustables with bullits on the rear. 11" brakes up front. +

Reply #3
Might have to wait a few weeks but if you still have um, let me know

Reply #4
Just hang tight until you get the H-Pipe.Otherwise you end up wasting so much time trying to "rig" something to work,that you could've been doing something else that would actually help your car more in the long run.Do you already have the double hump crossmember?If not,you'll need one.
'88 Sport--T-5,MGW shifter,Trick Flow R intake,Ed Curtis cam,Trick Flow heads,Scorpion rockers,75mm Accufab t-body,3G,mini starter,Taurus fan,BBK long tube headers,O/R H-Pipe, Flowamaster Super 44's, deep and deeper Cobra R wheels, Mass Air and 24's,8.8 with 3.73's,140 mph speedo,Mach 1 chin spoiler,SN-95 springs,CHE control arms,aluminum drive shaft and a lot more..

Reply #5
Yesh I do, and I'm going to wait