Skip to main content
Topic: Added a Pinstripe to break it up (Read 1200 times) previous topic - next topic

Added a Pinstripe to break it up

I picked vivid lime for the stripe  what u guys think bout it

Reply #1
I like it, I would add a small red pinstipe on each of the spokes of the wheels right down the center. Other than that, I like it, the two tone and the pinstripe.

Reply #3
Quote from: jpc647;305964
I like it, I would add a small red pinstipe on each of the spokes of the wheels right down the center. Other than that, I like it, the two tone and the pinstripe.

honestly bout the wheels i wanna get the cobra r center caps with the red r  but i just cant get myself to to pay 50 dollars per cap

Reply #4
I like it.If you want the center caps without the cost,just get the picture of what you want,have a vinyl graphics place make you 4 stickers,and off you go.That's how I made my Thunderstang emblem when I designed it.
'88 Sport--T-5,MGW shifter,Trick Flow R intake,Ed Curtis cam,Trick Flow heads,Scorpion rockers,75mm Accufab t-body,3G,mini starter,Taurus fan,BBK long tube headers,O/R H-Pipe, Flowamaster Super 44's, deep and deeper Cobra R wheels, Mass Air and 24's,8.8 with 3.73's,140 mph speedo,Mach 1 chin spoiler,SN-95 springs,CHE control arms,aluminum drive shaft and a lot more..

Reply #5
When I read the tile of the thread-I was expecting something not good. I have to say I like it-your car looks real good!

Reply #6
thats a good idea  thanks Vin  i never even thought of doing that

Reply #7
Looks good.
Matt
1984 Thunderbird - 89 302 HO, GT40 heads w/ Trick Flow springs, E303 cam, Edelbrock Performer 289 intake and 600 cfm 4bbl, Mustang headers, Jegs o/r H pipe, Dynomax lers, Mustang AOD and shifter, Mustang 8.8 w/ 3.73s, 3G alternator, Mustang front and rear sway bars, KYB 87-88 Turbo Coupe shocks and struts, and 11" front brakes.

1988 Mustang GT - GT40 heads, Explorer intake, 70mm throttle body, 70mm MAF, Crane 1.7 rrs, E303 cam, Kirban Kwik shifter w/ Pro 5.0 deluxe handle, aluminum clutch quadrant and firewall adjuster, o/r h pipe, Dynomax lers, 3G alternator, aluminum radiator, and 3.27 gears.

1986 Cougar 5.0, 1989 Mark VII LSC 5 speed, 1980 Mercury Zephyr 4 door (sold)

Reply #8
It's different, and not in a bad way...looks sharp and fresh.
:D
'84 Mustang
'98 Explorer 5.0
'03 Focus, dropped a valve seat. yay. freakin' split port engines...
'06 Explorer EB 4.6

Reply #9
I liked it before....it looks even better now.
Armed Forces Car Club
Eastern Sierra Chapter, California
WEB:  armedforcescarclub.com

Reply #10
Have you considered tinting the headlight assemblies?  While I normally don't like doing that, with your paint scheme it might work.  The wheels need something to perk them up, a stripe around the rim or a stripe on the (leading edge or center of the) spokes.  At least in the pics you've posted.  Maybe in person they look great.

The trouble is that you don't want the car to be too busy.  Be careful about adding too much.  Overall, your design comes off really well, IMO.
#1 (left): undergoing top-to-bottom rebuild     
#2 (right): DD, power everything (sorta)
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Reply #11
Quote from: t3skidoo;306067
Have you considered tinting the headlight assemblies?  While I normally don't like doing that, with your paint scheme it might work.  The wheels need something to perk them up, a stripe around the rim or a stripe on the (leading edge or center of the) spokes.  At least in the pics you've posted.  Maybe in person they look great.

The trouble is that you don't want the car to be too busy.  Be careful about adding too much.  Overall, your design comes off really well, IMO.

i have also thought of the red stripe on the outside edge of the rim i dunno  im gonna try the red cobra R center cap with the snake comin thru first then we will go from there    im gonna be puttin in clear corners  so then im gonna decide if i wanna light smoke the front lenses  it wont matter cuz i have the full 12000K hid convesion on my headlights n foglights