Skip to main content
Topic: Springs,... Who Has What with Pix (Read 27733 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: Springs,... Who Has What with Pix

Reply #15
Quote from: Johns331
Koni coilovers with Hypercoil springs, Series 30 Koni's in the rear, Koni double adjustables in the front. I can set my ride height anywhere I want it. :)

you could eat of of that! :wtf:
Quote from: jcassity
I honestly dont think you could exceed the cost of a new car buy installing new *stock* parts everywhere in your coug our tbird. Its just plain impossible. You could revamp the entire drivetrain/engine/suspenstion and still come out ahead.
Hooligans! 
1988 Crown Vic wagon. 120K California car. Wifes grocery getter. (junked)
1987 Ford Thunderbird LX. 5.0. s.o., sn-95 t-5 and an f-150 clutch. Driven daily and going strong.
1986 cougar.
lilsammywasapunkrocker@yahoo.com

Reply #16
@john331

it look nice an pro....
You remove the stock shox and spring then replace both by this Coilovers?
Was it kind of tough to install?
Was it Plug&play or Plug and Pray?
How much it cost ya?
Where you bought it? I want one! (i meant 2 front and 2 rear)  :dunce:  :giggle:

I have a dumb Question.... The triangular mobile part where the stock spring sits is called, a "A-Arm" right? (I know in french its called a "Table")
I also need new bushing for this part but dont know how its called.... :dunno:

Reply #17
Quote from: Sly1990

I also need new bushing for this part but dont know how its called.... :dunno:

Control arm bushings. There are two on each control arm, a front and a rear.

Reply #18
Koni sports. No longer available though. I found mine as NOS.
Man, what py resolution on my pic!!!
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
1988 T/C body with a 5.0 transplant. Motor has a Vortech V-2 supercharger, Edlebrock Performer RPM II intake, heads, FRPP F-303 cam, Comp Cams roller rockers, Power Pipe, LMAF, full Mac exhaust, lowered, Koni's, 5 lug conversion, Cobra wheels, 13" Cobra brakes, etc.
SOLD September 2020. Will miss this car after 19 years of building/driving/showing it off. Time for a new chapter in my life.
Dynoed 446 horse/409 torque at the wheels.
2003 Tenth Anniversary Cobra Convertible. 1 of 369 Torch Red made.
2021 Chevrolet 3500 dually, crew cab Duramax.

Reply #19
i would enjoy making love to your car...
It's Gumby's fault.

Reply #20
This tubular Front suspension kit look very interesting.... (Not to say Kick @$$)  :deal:
Sound like a good deal to me.....

UPR Tubular A-Arm/K-Member Coil Over Suspension Kit for 700 bags of sugar...

Wich one is the best fit (?) and what is the Spring Rate? :dunno:  :dunce:

Here's the big question i asked myself....
On Coolcats.net on THIS PAGE Eric said A-Arm for 87-88 Cougar are same as 1994-98 Mustang but UPR sells kit for 1996-2004 or 1979-1995...  Now im totally screwed :screwy:  :screwy:  :wtf:

Which one is for me?

You only have to buy the kit + the Struts? Does it require anything special except the little fitment issue (Spacer... etc) I read about the QA1 in an other thread?

Reply #21
anyone? :dunno:

Reply #22
Mic Test....
one, two.....

Still no one?

Reply #23
Ford Motorsport M-5300-D. :ies:
95 Ranger Splash 2.3
88 Tbird Sport :ies::ies:
5.0 SO, stainless shorty headers, w/ Magnaflow lers. KYB struts, KYB shocks. 5lug conversion from sn95 Mustang, subframe connectors, drilled and slotted rotors, 03 Mach 1 wheels. sequential taillights.140 speedo

Reply #24
Quote from: Sly1990
This tubular Front suspension kit look very interesting.... (Not to say Kick @$$)  :deal:
Sound like a good deal to me.....

UPR Tubular A-Arm/K-Member Coil Over Suspension Kit for 700 bags of sugar...

Wich one is the best fit (?) and what is the Spring Rate? :dunno:  :dunce:

Here's the big question i asked myself....
On Coolcats.net on THIS PAGE Eric said A-Arm for 87-88 Cougar are same as 1994-98 Mustang but UPR sells kit for 1996-2004 or 1979-1995...  Now im totally screwed :screwy:  :screwy:  :wtf:

Which one is for me?

You only have to buy the kit + the Struts? Does it require anything special except the little fitment issue (Spacer... etc) I read about the QA1 in an other thread?

That is a scary-looking K-member if you ask me....a bit too spindly.

You'd want the one for the 79-95...the later K-member is going to be different to allow for room for the 4.6 and the fact that the steering rack sits 1" lower on the 96+ cars as well...  I would imagine they only sell one length of control arm for both kits.  If they offer 2..get the longer one.

I wouldn't use that Kmember on any of my cars though....Maximum's piece is nice...and built.
Long live the 4-eyes!  - '83 Tbird Turbo

Reply #25
I wouldn't mind getting a tubular k-member, but I would like to get one that still uses the stock type springs. :grinno:
95 Ranger Splash 2.3
5.0 SO, stainless shorty headers, w/ Magnaflow lers. KYB struts, KYB shocks. 5lug conversion from sn95 Mustang, subframe connectors, drilled and slotted rotors, 03 Mach 1 wheels. sequential taillights.140 speedo

Reply #26
what should i buy to lower my car just about 2 inches, if i go any lower with the GST fx kit i might ahve a bommon out problem, n since i gather i cant lower it 3 inches ill stick with 2. any one have ne recomendations on what to get?

Reply #27
My son always uses Fox Mustang springs, lowers the car good but still rides nice. :grinno:
95 Ranger Splash 2.3

Reply #28
fox mustang lowering springs, or stock mustang springs? looks nice

Reply #29
Quote from: zpyro
fox mustang lowering springs, or stock mustang springs? looks nice

Just stock Mustang springs. :grinno:
95 Ranger Splash 2.3