Skip to main content
Topic: Tripminder installed, and I was RIGHT! (Read 28579 times) previous topic - next topic

Tripminder Install

Reply #90
jcassidy, i just saw this and figured electric stuff is not my specialty so im a little confused by your post.
i never did consider the rating for the butt/blade connector since it was all i could find at the time. it had a rating on the box i believe, but it was so long ago i dont recall it. if i happen by pepboys, where i got it at, ill grab the numbers off it.
the wire i ran was 14 or 16(same thickness/strands as the stock wiring i think) and the connector had some space in it to fit a larger wire still.
"Beating the hell out of other peoples cars since 1999"
1983 Ford Thunderbird Heritage
1984 Ford Mustang GT Turbo Convertible

Tripminder Install

Reply #91
Quote from: Loaded87IROC;338428
I installed another Tripminder last night, this time into my 87 TC.  I used the clocks short harness and soldered on the tripminder's plug.  I took a look at the vehicle harness where the clock harness plugs in and found that the wiring was already there!  I then ran the speed and fuel wires with the correct ending pins into the two corresponding unused spots on the connector and it was done.  Took it on a quick drive and every works correctly.  So some vehicles DO have the wiring already in place.

Can you post pics of the working functions. Ours still seems crazy. Thanks

Mr. Bill

Tripminder Install

Reply #92
You need like the instructions?
1986 Mercury Cougar - 2.3T/T5 swap, TC brakes and suspension and rearend, 3" exhaust, 255 lph fuel pump, Stinger BOV, Gillis MBC @ 18 psi
2003 Chevy Suburban Z71 - Daily driver
2015 Chevy Volt - Wife's daily driver

Tripminder Install

Reply #93
I am pretty sure I sold you that Tripminder.  I do bench test them to make sure they power up and the buttons work but I may have missed the decimal point being missing.  If you want to ship it back to me, I can swap out the guts of it with some spares I have, or I can ship you the guts to swap out if you feel comfortable doing it.  I just want to make sure you are satisfied with your purchase.  Just let me know.

Also, here are the instructions.

1986 Mercury Cougar - 2.3T/T5 swap, TC brakes and suspension and rearend, 3" exhaust, 255 lph fuel pump, Stinger BOV, Gillis MBC @ 18 psi

Tripminder Install

Reply #94
Yes we did get it from you and there are no ill feelings at all. We are every satisfied with you and realize these are used parts. I was looking for a pic of in the mpg mode as the car was actually running if that is possible to be sure it is different from what we have. We wanted to buy the seat belt you had and if ours is crazy I would be happy to install the guts and you can put it in the same box.

Mr. Bill

Tripminder Install

Reply #95
I PMed you about the Tripminder.

Tripminder Install

Reply #96
Stumbled across this post and was wondering if Ductape91 got his problem figured out. I installed one in my 88 and have the same problem. Roughly 200mpg. Everythig else works fine. I am hooked straight in to the blue and pink wire on ECU pin 34. Any thoughts?
2017 Subaru Outback
2007 Lincoln MKZ
1990 Ford F250 / Banks turbo diesel

Tripminder Install

Reply #97
200 MPG = Aerodynamics! Lol...

I just bought an 88 Turbo Coupe yesterday, and finally am able to install this tripminder that I've had for over a year. My wife rolled her eyes at how excited I was.

I have to do all splicing, as the harness was chopped up, but that's a-okay. I hope I get 200mpg when I'm done! :)