Skip to main content
Topic: Post products you are **EXCEPTIONALLY happy with (Read 19515 times) previous topic - next topic

Post products you are **EXCEPTIONALLY happy with

Reply #45

I will second this one. Have had mine for 2 years, use it everyday in the body shop. I rarely use my 1/4" air ratchet anymore. The driver is compact enough with a good swivel it gets in almost everywhere.

Reply #46
Welp, time to bump this thread for another tool that I am potentially happy with.

I had to do the brakes on my Astro last weekend. I bet those wheels hadn't been off in years. I had to put a socket on my 3ft breaker with a 3ft pipe on the end of that to get the lug nuts off! Seems like every time I buy a car I have this situation. Then my back hurts for days, heh. Something has to change, I'm to old for this . I have a junky air impact gun, but I wouldn't trust it to turn a radio . I debated buying another air impact gun, but I also had been hearing people raving about the electric impact gun at Harbor Freight. Well, I got a flyer the other day that had a coupon to buy it for $39. That's a small enough risk, so I decided to pull the trigger. I drove over there and bought it, along with the flip-over lugnut socket set. I unboxed it this morning and tried it on the back wheels that also haven't been off forever. Zip! That gun had NO trouble getting the lug nut off! I am impressed.

Pretty soon I have to do the wheel bearings on my camper, and I know those wheels haven't been off for decades. Hopefully this impact will save my back again!
CoogarXR : 1985 Cougar XR-7

Reply #47
Oh Yea they definitely have some good stuff
I have one of their electric impact gun which I bought second hand from my cousin for $10 and it is dang solid, it's way more convenient than pulling out the air compressor

I also do like some of their new ratchets and stuff but I noticed some have plastic parts, one thing I won't buy is a ratchet with plastic parts
I did pick up some of there ratcheting wrenches and I love them so far
1987 T-Bird TC: 5-Spd, 5-lug conv., CHE Rear CAs, '04 Cobra wheels and 13" Brakes, Vac Assist conv: '93 Cobra BB/MC & Wilwood PV, Gutted/Knived Intakes, T3 turbo, RFE6 Mani, Stinger 3" Exhaust & Oil Feed, 255HP Walbro, Kirban AFPR, RR Cam, Esslinger Cam gear and Round Tooth Conv., Gillis Boost Valve, Speedway Dual Valve Spring,  K&N, 130a 3g Alt conv., 140mph Speedo
Running Better Than Ever :burnout:

Reply #48
Quote from: CoogarXR;452324
...electric impact gun at Harbor Freight

Well the Harbor Freight Impact Gun helped me out today. I was removing a set of damaged running boards (heh, no comment). They had nut/bolt sets through a rusty steel hangers. I could tell that a ratchet and wrench wasn't happening (especially since the whole setup was was kind of wobbly). I decided to see how the ol' impact would handle a small project like a 1/2" nut. I stuck it on there and it ripped the head right off. LOL! That's one way to get it! I did the next one with the same result. One hammer tap and the whole bracket fell clean apart. Good stuff.

Granted, if I was expecting to gracefully remove the nut, I would have been sad. I just wanted it off, and it got it off alright. I knew if I screwed around with my ratchet I probably would have rounded the nut off, cussed a lot, then had to get out my grinder, etc, all while laying on my back, getting rust in my eyes, etc.

So long story short, I still am a fan of the Harbor Freight Impact Gun.
CoogarXR : 1985 Cougar XR-7

Reply #49
I needed a tactical light for work.  After much research and deliberation, I pulled the pin on the Klarus XT12.

http://goinggear.com/klarus-xt12-1-x-18650-2-x-cr123a-cree-xm-l2-u2-930-lumen-led-flashlight.html

http://www.candlepowerforums.com/vb/showthread.php?389470-NEW-Klarus-XT12-930-lumens-rechargeable

I purchased a separate charger and 2 extra 18650 batteries with 3400mA capacity as well.  More than worth it.

Picked mine up from Amazon.
-- 05 Mustang GT-Whipplecharged !!
--87 5.0 Trick Flow Heads & Intake - Custom Cam - Many other goodies...3100Lbs...Low12's!

Reply #50
I'm gunna have to get me that harbor freight impact!!!

Reply #51
One thing I really fell in love with is this stuff called liquid tape.. check it out cool stuff..

Reply #52
Precision Instruments 3/8" drive torque wrench. These guys used to make the wrenches for Snap-On before they went digital. Made in the USA, split beam wrench with a dial adjustment for torque. They work great and Cost less than $200 from Amazon. Much better than the cheap  torque wrenches you get from harbor Freight, Craftsman, Lowes, harbor Freight, etc. 

http://www.torqwrench.com/tools/item.php?StockCode=C2FR100F
88 Thunderbird LX: 306, Edelbrock Performer heads, Comp 266HR cam, Edelbrock Performer RPM intake, bunch of other stuff.

Reply #53
The list mentions Liquid Nails products....  Just recently bought the Liquid Nails Adhesive for a flooring project.  I have used this stuff since the early 1980s and found it to live up to its name.  It had a grey color/somewhat thick like Cold Ice Cream; Sets up quickly, and is very difficult to remove from your fingers if you elect to use a finger to paste it or handle it (Me).  Having some Acetone around helps remove it.  In the '80s, used it to fasten paneling to drywall.  Well, just bought a bunch of tubes and find they have altered the stuff---it is now a whitish color and looks and acts like window caulk.  I hope it has the same results.  It also does not smell as bad--in fact I could not smell anything (But I am old now).  Years ago, the smell of it would knock you over.  I think the stuff now has become water soluble which is the apparent track for all volatile components these days...  The plug stick in the picture shows the old sand color and new White Caulk look. 

Redd

Reply #54
I have a few pieces of audio and music equipment that are money so well spent they leave me tickled pink but this is probably the wrong forum for that lol.

I did, however, recently purchase some lights from VLED's.com for the F150 and holy  those are the brightest  cargo lights I've ever seen on a truck. My cargo lights are brighter than my reverse lights. Needless to say they are next on the list. I loooooooove LED lights. I recently put a couple of LED bulbs in a walk in closet and in my office in the apt and the instant on feature beats the hell out of having to wait for CFLs to warm up, and they are even more energy efficient than CFLs.

I agree on Hitachi tools as well. I was a professional tradesman for seven years and I am still a dedicated Hitachi customer. Their products are not always as rugged and bombproof as Milwaukee who is also a great brand, but they tend to be cheaper, lighter and more comfortable to use overall for the difference. I love their screwguns especially, and even though De-Wallet has stepped up their game in the last few years and come close as well, I still say you can't beat Hitachi for what you pay.
--Steve
[thread=28690]1988 Cougar V6[/thread]
2012 F-150 3.7L
2011 Mustang 3.7L

Reply #56
These.

Walther PPQ 9mm (both). The closest one is a Navy, it's called that informally due to special "ported" striker spring cup, and a machined hole in the slide to allow drainage in wet environments. What's that funny thing on the end? Thread protector...yes, I can mount a can on here. That's silencer for you non-gun folks. I'm setting up the trust to start the process...it's not cheap or fast, then there's the can itself. Anywhere from 500 to 1500 bucks.

I also have one in .40...it looks like the one in the back...those are the called the "Classic" or M1, the newer style with the button mag release are called M2.

The best shaging poly-framed pistol on the market today. And now they're out in .45 in the M2 version, as well. That's the next one.

And did I say Walther? ;-)
'84 Mustang
'98 Explorer 5.0
'03 Focus, dropped a valve seat. yay. freakin' split port engines...
'06 Explorer EB 4.6

Reply #57
X
This sucker helped me few times.
Old Grey Cat to this.88 Cat, 5.0 HO, CW mounts, mass air, CI custom cam, afr165's, Tmoss worked cobra intake, BBK shorty's,off road h pipe, magnaflow ex. T-5,spec stage 2 clutch, 8.8 373 TC trac loc, che ajustables with bullits on the rear. 11" brakes up front. +

Reply #58
Quote from: Kitz Kat;454017
X
This sucker helped me few times.

Like a sore peter...you can hardly beat it..
'84 Mustang
'98 Explorer 5.0
'03 Focus, dropped a valve seat. yay. freakin' split port engines...
'06 Explorer EB 4.6

Reply #59
added to post 1, its been a year now and this product must be shared,,,  IRON RIVAL water filter & other pieces parts