Skip to main content
Topic: The Hat Trick (Read 1759 times) previous topic - next topic

The Hat Trick

1 NOS leather wrapped steering wheel, Academy Blue, with cruise control and NOS horn center
1 NOS Academy Blue console lid
1 NOS dark blue dash pad

The three highest-wear interior items, all correct, in boxes, and ready to go. Finally got the last piece yesterday after looking for about 7 years.

The sum? About $700.
I paid less than that for the whole car. ;)

Now if I could only find that elusive NOS heater panel...

The Hat Trick

Reply #1
Score one for the good guys!

1983 FORD THUNDERBIRD HERITAGE 5.0
2008 SAAB 9-7X AERO 6.0 (LS2) 1 0f 554 Made
2011 FORD FLEX SEL Family Hauler

The Hat Trick

Reply #3

[SIZE="7"]......DING........[/SIZE]
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
***** Project "EVOLUTION" 1987 Cougar LS  & 1985 Cougar Convertible *****
[/COLOR]
5.0 HO 306 roller block, machined GT-40P heads, Wiseco dished forged pistons, Eagle forged floating I-beam connecting rods, Lunati pushrods, ARP bolts, Scorpion aluminum 1.6 rockers, Comp Cams Magnum 266HR, Explorer intake, 65mm TB, MAF Conversion, 19# injectors, Ford Racing stainless P-headers, 2-1/2" cat-less exhaust w/ Flowtech Afterburner lers , SC AOD with 2800 BDR torque converter, 3.73 T-Lok rear, CHE rear control arms, full 2-1/2" frame w/1" jacking rails & seat supports, Rear disk brakes, Turbine wheels, All original interior w/ floor shift upgrade .......
Pretty much every panel on my 87 is new, rebuilt, or re constructed. :D
Join us on Facebook

The Hat Trick

Reply #5
ah dang Eric if i knew you  were looking for an academy blue console lid i would have sold you the one i bought by mistake! it is nos in the box  and flawless  its the big padding style.
i had bought it by mistake because the pics in ebay looked very much like it was raven in color.

The Hat Trick

Reply #7
Hey E-man, you should find a minty '85...that way you'll have all three years of the best 4 eye Cats lol.

(I only say that because I don't care for the layout of the of the previous years' dashes...just my opinion, is all :))
'84 Mustang
'98 Explorer 5.0
'03 Focus, dropped a valve seat. yay. freakin' split port engines...
'06 Explorer EB 4.6

The Hat Trick

Reply #8
Ummm....my '84 has the older dash. ;)
It's actually a nice dash layout...very symmetrical, easy to get the dash pad off, looks very nice. But the lack of decent gauges and a limited center stack are definitely a minus.

I find it somewhat ironic that I have never owned an '83, '85 or '87. It always ended up the even-numbered years.

The Hat Trick

Reply #9
I thought...I thought....errrr yeh, I thought your '83 was the last year of the older dash. (you know...those silly Aero Fox Bird guys, all uppity with their lack of knowledge) LOL
'84 Mustang
'98 Explorer 5.0
'03 Focus, dropped a valve seat. yay. freakin' split port engines...
'06 Explorer EB 4.6

The Hat Trick

Reply #11
Quote from: EricCoolCats;408820

How can you not love this dash? Come on now. ;)
(It looks even better in a convertible...)

I like those so much better than the 85-88 ones. You can always fix the gauge situation.
Long live the 4-eyes!  - '83 Tbird Turbo

The Hat Trick

Reply #12
How can you not love this dash? Come on now

I agree, but then my 85 (10th vin digit F) Turbo coupe has the 83-84 dash layout. I am not sure of it's build date, door tag has been missing for years.

The Hat Trick

Reply #13
Nice score. It's fun to find those NOS items in boxes isn't it? I started collecting NOS parts in boxes for fun. The goofy thing is I want to keep them in the box they came in and not install them on my Thunderbird. Now I just have to figure out how to store/display this stuff so it looks cool.

BTW Eric I like the new sig. Very 80's vibeish :D.
88 Thunderbird LX: 306, Edelbrock Performer heads, Comp 266HR cam, Edelbrock Performer RPM intake, bunch of other stuff.

The Hat Trick

Reply #14
Eric is right I like these earlier years myself but the gauges can cause you to get a little sleepy on a long road trip because Those gauges they're boring as hell to look at