Skip to main content
Topic: NOS 87-88 Cougar Front Air Dam GFX (Read 1019 times) previous topic - next topic

NOS 87-88 Cougar Front Air Dam GFX

Reply #1
LOL oops it's for the GFX kit I figured that was just the little curb and debris catcher I mean chin spoiler. Red car's...actually all three of them are boogered up :hick: (aren't everyone's??? What a selfish turd.) :rollin:
1987 20th Anniversary Cougar, 302 "5.0" GT-40 heads (F3ZE '93 Cobra) and TMoss Ported H.O. intake, H.O. camshaft
2.5" Duals, no cats, Flowmaster 40s, Richmond 3.73s w/ Trac-Lok, maxed out Baumann shift kit, 3000 RPM Dirty Dog non-lock TC
Aside from the Mustang crinkle headers, still looks like it's only 150 HP...
1988 Black XR7 Trick Flow top end, Tremec 3550
1988 Black XR7 Procharger P600B intercooled, Edelbrock Performer non-RPM heads, GT40 intake AOD, 13 PSI @5000 RPM. 93 octane

Reply #2
Seriously? No one has bought this yet???
It's the whole front bumper ground effects kit, And it's brand new...

I would be all over this if I could use it.
~Project ThunderStorm = '84 Charcoal Thunderbird - First Car - Long Time Work in Progress~
~Project (No Name Yet) = 1970 Plymouth GTX/RR "Clone"~

Reply #3
What do you mean by "ground effects"?  To me, that is aftermarktet stuff, not stock...am I reading this right?
'87 Cougar LS V6 (stock) Daily Driver
'06 Lincoln LS V8

'12 F-150 SCrew FX4 5.0L
'80 Thunderbird V8 (mild 304) [sold to friend]

Reply #4
, missed it. Sold

Reply #5
, what a bargain
83 Thunderbird Heritage - Right Hand Drive
95 Falcon GLi

Reply #6
but on that.

Side Skirts
http://www.ebay.com/itm/87-88-FORD-T-BIRD-THUNDERBIRD-GOUND-EFFECTS-SIDE-SKIRTS-KIT-NEW-UNPAINTED-/280790229294?pt=Motors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories&vxp=mtr&hash=item416066e12e
Rear Bar Kit
http://www.ebay.com/itm/83-88-FORD-T-BIRD-THUNDERBIRD-GROUND-EFFECTS-REAR-BUMPER-KIT-NEW-UNPAINTED-/280790229765?pt=Motors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories&vxp=mtr&hash=item416066e305

if it wasnt hundreds of dollars just for shipping, i'd be right on these :P
95 Falcon GLi

Reply #7
Wowzers, Didnt even see he had the rest of the kit.
Hundreds is what these usually go for over here, That's why I'm so surprised these arent selling very fast.
Did someone here get the front piece?
~Project ThunderStorm = '84 Charcoal Thunderbird - First Car - Long Time Work in Progress~

Reply #8
Spokane, Wa. Isn't that were Mike Pinto the old ABM owner was from?

Reply #10
Just pulled the trigger. Don't know if I'll ever use it, but I figure at least it's in the community now. If anyone picked up the rest of the kit and need this part, shoot me a PM.
1984 Cougar Convertible
1988 Cougar XR-7

Reply #12
must find complete kit.

then pay the $$$$ to get it here :P
95 Falcon GLi

Reply #13
You can't get rid of me that easy! :)
1984 Cougar Convertible
1988 Cougar XR-7

Reply #14
D'oh! You guys are quick, LoL.
I've been watching for a front piece daily... I keep asking the seller if he has more and he always says he sold them all... (But they keep popping up & I miss them) *Shrugs*
Seller is awesome otherwise, I made a shipping deal with him so I got discounted shipping since we are so close.
And even though I dont have an 87-88, I've always wanted a TC and will probably get one some day, And the Kobel kit is my Fav~So since no one was buying I had to pull the trigger and buy the rear and side skirts.

And for EFFalcon:
These are the un-flexible hard plastic pieces:
The rear bumper doesnt fit right on an 83-86 (I test fitted), The sides are 1-2inches too long, And the rear is shaped slightly different as well as possibly being a different length. I think there may have been a tiny difference in the "curved lip" height where it meets just below the molding on the bumper.
You could probably get it to work with some cut down and fabrication.
Havent tried the skirts yet, But hoping to get them to work on my '84.
Front kit probably wouldnt work at all without major fab work due to major differences all around.