Skip to main content
Topic: All New COOL CATS Site (Read 2212 times) previous topic - next topic

All New COOL CATS Site

In case you haven't seen it yet, COOL CATS is all new from the ground up:

http://www.coolcats.net

(After nine months of labor I finally gave birth yesterday LOL.)

Comments, feedback, site issues...all appreciated. Thanks.

All New COOL CATS Site

Reply #1
Eric, I had a problem viewing the 199mph speedo mod last night, but now it seems like it's working with no probs. Kudos to you!
'84 Mustang
'98 Explorer 5.0
'03 Focus, dropped a valve seat. yay. freakin' split port engines...
'06 Explorer EB 4.6

All New COOL CATS Site

Reply #2
The site looks great Eric, it's been a lot of help for the Cougar I recently bought.  I've been using it to reference bulb numbers, the 199 mod, fuse locations, how to turn off the service reminder in the cluster, etc.
Matt
1984 Thunderbird - 89 302 HO, GT40 heads w/ Trick Flow springs, E303 cam, Edelbrock Performer 289 intake and 600 cfm 4bbl, Mustang headers, Jegs o/r H pipe, Dynomax lers, Mustang AOD and shifter, Mustang 8.8 w/ 3.73s, 3G alternator, Mustang front and rear sway bars, KYB 87-88 Turbo Coupe shocks and struts, and 11" front brakes.

1988 Mustang GT - GT40 heads, Explorer intake, 70mm throttle body, 70mm MAF, Crane 1.7 rrs, E303 cam, Kirban Kwik shifter w/ Pro 5.0 deluxe handle, aluminum clutch quadrant and firewall adjuster, o/r h pipe, Dynomax lers, 3G alternator, aluminum radiator, and 3.27 gears.

1986 Cougar 5.0, 1989 Mark VII LSC 5 speed, 1980 Mercury Zephyr 4 door (sold)

All New COOL CATS Site

Reply #3
Looks great Eric. I was beginning to think maybe you had just given up on the site:p It's so nice too, to be able to go on there and not get constantly harassed by ads and banners like every other site on the web. Thanks for keeping it FREE:D

(speaking of which, I joined a dodge dakota forum for my raider, well their site has a membership/subscription ladder, where depending on how much money you pay them bases not only how many ads are in your face, but also what forums you get to see and how much privelage you get on the site...:yuck: Thanks Carmen for keeping our forums free too:D)
--Steve
[thread=28690]1988 Cougar V6[/thread]
2012 F-150 3.7L
2011 Mustang 3.7L

All New COOL CATS Site

Reply #4
I did notice a small issue though, with the mouse over menus at the top, there is a gap between each choice on the menu where if your pointer falls between will make the menu disappear. Kinda odd.
--Steve
[thread=28690]1988 Cougar V6[/thread]
2012 F-150 3.7L
2011 Mustang 3.7L

All New COOL CATS Site

Reply #5
Very nice. Eric. BTW, I thought the 2.3 Turbo engine took the FL300 oil filter.
2003 Marauder 300B
1996-97 Cobra wheel straight but weathered (For Sale)
84 TC manual shifter handle no  (For Sale)

BTW, I had a 1988 T-Bird Sport way back when. I found out that it was totalled shortly after trading it in. It still has the ignition switch recall to date.

Special thanx to EricCoolCats for showing me to this site.:bowdown:

All New COOL CATS Site

Reply #6
Awesome work.  Much appreciated.
===85BIRD===
:birdsmily:

All New COOL CATS Site

Reply #7
Looks great, new pictures. Still easy to navigate.
2002 Honda Civic EX

1984 Ford Thunderbird Elan
5.0 CFI, T5, Dual Exhaust

All New COOL CATS Site

Reply #8
very cool, extremely handy to have resources like this online and updated.
83 Thunderbird Heritage - Right Hand Drive
95 Falcon GLi

All New COOL CATS Site

Reply #9
Thanks for the feedback everyone.

I did notice a small issue though, with the mouse over menus at the top, there is a gap between each choice on the menu where if your pointer falls between will make the menu disappear. Kinda odd.

I'd been having issues with that myself. That should be fixed now...it's working much better on my side now.
(ex: http://www.coolcats.net/fox/1983.html)

BTW, I thought the 2.3 Turbo engine took the FL300 oil filter.

Yep, that should have been fixed a long time ago...it's fixed now though. Thanks for the reminder.

All New COOL CATS Site

Reply #10
After giving birth, did it leave you with those forum bearing hips? LOL. I have the new site bookmarked. Awesome. I've done a LOT of those upgrades and tips already thanks to the old version. Priceless.
'88 Sport--T-5,MGW shifter,Trick Flow R intake,Ed Curtis cam,Trick Flow heads,Scorpion rockers,75mm Accufab t-body,3G,mini starter,Taurus fan,BBK long tube headers,O/R H-Pipe, Flowamaster Super 44's, deep and deeper Cobra R wheels, Mass Air and 24's,8.8 with 3.73's,140 mph speedo,Mach 1 chin spoiler,SN-95 springs,CHE control arms,aluminum drive shaft and a lot more..

All New COOL CATS Site

Reply #11
I wish I could find a cougar so I wouldn't feel like I was just taking advantage.

Thanks eric.
Quote from: jcassity
I honestly dont think you could exceed the cost of a new car buy installing new *stock* parts everywhere in your coug our tbird. Its just plain impossible. You could revamp the entire drivetrain/engine/suspenstion and still come out ahead.
Hooligans! 
1988 Crown Vic wagon. 120K California car. Wifes grocery getter. (junked)
1987 Ford Thunderbird LX. 5.0. s.o., sn-95 t-5 and an f-150 clutch. Driven daily and going strong.
1986 cougar.
lilsammywasapunkrocker@yahoo.com

All New COOL CATS Site

Reply #12
Very nice work, thank you for all of it.
Mike

All New COOL CATS Site

Reply #14
Just checked it out. Lots of awesome info and a valuable resource. Definitely gonna do that 11" brake conversion.

turbo charged 94 Cobra engine/440cc injectors/megasquirt /5 speed swapped (T5)/maxbox upper intake/70mm PP throttle body/AJE coilovers/2003 Mustang control arms/S.T. sway bars/ES rear control arm bushings/11" brake conversion/manual rack conversion/8.8 TC rear with rear discs and a welded diff/3.73 gears/PLX wideband/199mph speedometer/Aeromotive FPR/CNC hydraulic hand brake/cobra R wheels/....ect.