Skip to main content
Topic: '97 Thunderbird Project on HORSEPOWER TV (Read 7665 times) previous topic - next topic

'97 Thunderbird Project on HORSEPOWER TV

Surprised no one commented on this...

1997 Thunderbird project car on Horsepower TV (Spike TV)
http://www.powerblocktv.com/site3/index.php/horsepower-episodes

Watched it this weekend and it was...okay. Anyone else see it?

The T-Bird history part was glossed over rather hastily. Kinda peeved me that the Fox cars weren't given any due, particularly the Turbo Coupes, but not really much credit for the aero look or ushering in a new design that dominated the decade.

And Joe Elmore, for being a Ford guy, called the '97 a "Fox" when talking about the installation of subframe connectors. WTF is up with that.

Still, it's really nice to see one of our bretheren getting massaged for a 427. ;)

Reply #1
I caught the end of it.  I wanted to see the whole thing.
Mike

Reply #2
Sounds lame. :( our cars seem to never get much love from other "car guys" at least not here. I get snubbed at cruise ins because my car is "nothing special" and not fast. It's special to me though. I'll always love my turbo coupe.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
'86 Turbo Thundercat (Cougarbird)
'02 TrailBlazer LT 4x4
'08 Chevy Cobalt

Reply #3
Yeah, I cringed when he called it a fox...and was not surprised when they pretty much ignored the fox body cars when they did the history of the T-bird thing.
'88 'bird, 10.9:1 306 w/TFS top end, forged rods/pistons, T-5 swap & bunch of other stuff, 1-family owned, had it since ‘98, 5.0tbrd88 on Instagram and YouTube

Reply #4
Quote from: fluke;359200
Sounds lame. :( our cars seem to never get much love from other "car guys" at least not here. I get snubbed at cruise ins because my car is "nothing special" and not fast. It's special to me though. I'll always love my turbo coupe.

x2...some older local guys (who mostly all have 60s GM muscle cars) advertised a local cruise in.  I drove my T-bird and they looked at me like I was nuts.  It was as if I had drove in an Astro van or something...
'88 'bird, 10.9:1 306 w/TFS top end, forged rods/pistons, T-5 swap & bunch of other stuff, 1-family owned, had it since ‘98, 5.0tbrd88 on Instagram and YouTube

Reply #5
So how far along did they get on my car?
If worms had daggers, birds wouldn't f**k with 'em

Reply #6
They have some of my motor mounts for the car.  Still waiting to see when that portion will be on.
Long live the 4-eyes!  - '83 Tbird Turbo

Reply #7
Quote from: 50tbrd88;359202
x2...some older local guys (who mostly all have 60s GM muscle cars) advertised a local cruise in.  I drove my T-bird and they looked at me like I was nuts.  It was as if I had drove in an Astro van or something...

Yeah. :( And I'm a 4 cyl and they despise that here. Only v8's are cool here. Makes me wish I still had my '02 WS6 sometimes. I hate when someone asks which car is mine and I tell them and they are like "oh." and walk off. >=( I'm hoping it will at least be less embarrassing when my car is one colour (black) again.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
'02 TrailBlazer LT 4x4
'08 Chevy Cobalt

Reply #8
bring all your cars to Aus :)
they're rare and exotic here heheh.
83 Thunderbird Heritage - Right Hand Drive
95 Falcon GLi

Reply #9
I cringed when he called it a fox too, and when they showed the TC in the history it was one that was beat to hell.

If they were planning on putting a SBF in they should've just bought a 5.0, it would've made it a lot easier.
Matt
1984 Thunderbird - 89 302 HO, GT40 heads w/ Trick Flow springs, E303 cam, Edelbrock Performer 289 intake and 600 cfm 4bbl, Mustang headers, Jegs o/r H pipe, Dynomax lers, Mustang AOD and shifter, Mustang 8.8 w/ 3.73s, 3G alternator, Mustang front and rear sway bars, KYB 87-88 Turbo Coupe shocks and struts, and 11" front brakes.

1988 Mustang GT - GT40 heads, Explorer intake, 70mm throttle body, 70mm MAF, Crane 1.7 rrs, E303 cam, Kirban Kwik shifter w/ Pro 5.0 deluxe handle, aluminum clutch quadrant and firewall adjuster, o/r h pipe, Dynomax lers, 3G alternator, aluminum radiator, and 3.27 gears.

1986 Cougar 5.0, 1989 Mark VII LSC 5 speed, 1980 Mercury Zephyr 4 door (sold)

Reply #10
I cringed when he called it a fox too, and when they showed the TC in the history it was one that was beat to hell.

Yeah, seriously...it looked like they searched this board for photos!

Ducks and runs...

Reply #11
Quote from: EricCoolCats;359241

Ducks and runs...

:rollin:
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
***** Project "EVOLUTION" 1987 Cougar LS  & 1985 Cougar Convertible *****
[/COLOR]
5.0 HO 306 roller block, machined GT-40P heads, Wiseco dished forged pistons, Eagle forged floating I-beam connecting rods, Lunati pushrods, ARP bolts, Scorpion aluminum 1.6 rockers, Comp Cams Magnum 266HR, Explorer intake, 65mm TB, MAF Conversion, 19# injectors, Ford Racing stainless P-headers, 2-1/2" cat-less exhaust w/ Flowtech Afterburner lers , SC AOD with 2800 BDR torque converter, 3.73 T-Lok rear, CHE rear control arms, full 2-1/2" frame w/1" jacking rails & seat supports, Rear disk brakes, Turbine wheels, All original interior w/ floor shift upgrade .......
Pretty much every panel on my 87 is new, rebuilt, or re constructed. :D
Join us on Facebook

Reply #12
Quote from: EricCoolCats;359241

Ducks and runs...

LOL oh god.. it wasn't mine was it??
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
'02 TrailBlazer LT 4x4
'08 Chevy Cobalt

Reply #13
yea i seen it too. i agree that they needed to better address the 83 to 88's. And Joe should have know better being a ford guy that its a mn12 not a fox.dissapointed but still going to watch.

Reply #14
That the one that they're being typical knuckle-draggers and going with a carb engine?

Yeah, I'll just be nice and leave the thread now lol
'84 Mustang
'98 Explorer 5.0
'03 Focus, dropped a valve seat. yay. freakin' split port engines...
'06 Explorer EB 4.6