Skip to main content
Topic: 1986 Cougar Convertible FS (Read 776 times) previous topic - next topic

1986 Cougar Convertible FS

Not mine...but close. Actually as close as you can get.

Cougar LS, V8, Canyon Red, Canyon Red leather interior, white top, heated back glass. Mileage unknown right now (see below). This car was built right before mine on the assembly line in Lorain in March of 1986.

It's been in storage for almost a decade. I did run across the current owner a few years ago and he had planned on keeping it for awhile. Well, it just hit the newspaper today. He may have tried to call me, as his number came up on my caller ID at home, but he left no message. Was probably wanting to tell me it was for sale.

Anyway, he's asking $5500 or best offer. If you're interested, PM me and I'll get you his contact info.

I'm calling him this week to get the scoop, the mileage, and maybe even go to see it (it's about 10 minutes from my house, Youngstown OH area). More updates and/or pix here as I get them.

Reply #1
Nice, get some pics Eric
Mercury Cr@Zy:hick:

Reply #2
Get some pics Eric

Reply #3
Called him, got the scoop. 79K miles. It has been in storage since 2000. He does run the car several times a year, though. Everything is in very good shape; he said the paint still looks great. Only thing he noted that was bad on the interior was cracked leather on the seats, which is typical for these cars anyway, and particularly for convertibles (mine were pretty bad when I got it with 68K).

Anyhow, we're getting together this weekend to get photos and for me to go over it. But after talking to me, he might now want more for the car LOL.

These are my actual (old) photos of this car (#62):

Reply #4
Oh geez smart move Eric, hahaha. Now he thinks he has a gold mine.

Reply #5
why do you do this to me Eric? seriously, I thought you loved me n stuff. lol
:cougarsmily:~Karen~

Reply #6
Quote from: EricCoolCats;339940
Called him, got the scoop. 79K miles. It has been in storage since 2000. He does run the car several times a year, though. Everything is in very good shape; he said the paint still looks great. Only thing he noted that was bad on the interior was cracked leather on the seats, which is typical for these cars anyway, and particularly for convertibles (mine were pretty bad when I got it with 68K).

Anyhow, we're getting together this weekend to get photos and for me to go over it. But after talking to me, he might now want more for the car LOL.

The advantage with higher prices is a better chance that whoever buys it will take good care of it to preserve the costlier 'investment.'
"lol.. because not too many people care for that style of car"
[size=-2]Click on paw print \/[/size]

Reply #7
Nice! These cars really look good with the top down, I'm surprised Ford didn't offer them as convertables from the factory. I could see them keeping the Thunderbirds as a coupe only, but the Cougar would have done well in my opinion.
2002 Honda Civic EX

1984 Ford Thunderbird Elan
5.0 CFI, T5, Dual Exhaust